(20) I Want To Do Real Bad Things With You

I Want To Do Real Bad Things With You

Chapter 20

Drake’s POV

The scream echoed through the house as Jace’s eyes focused on me, looking terrified. I had no idea what to do. I wanted to comfort him and tell him that everything was going to be okay but how could I do that if I didn’t even know what the problem is to begin with. I am sure it has something to do with what he went through but he won’t talk to me.

“It’s okay, I’m right here,” I choked out as I moved from the floor and sat down on the edge of the couch. Jace didn’t reply, instead he pulled back his legs and moved as far away from me as the couch would allow.

“Jace, please…” I started saying, wanting to beg him for the millionth time to let me help him but he cut me off.

“You cleaned the bathroom, didn’t you?” he asked in a shaky voice.

“It had to be done,” I replied, seeing no point in denying it. He could obviously see that I had changed clothes and my hair was still wet. He nodded his head but didn’t say anything more. The silence was deafening.

“We should get lunch,” I stated, looking at the clock on the wall. It was just after one pm.

“I’m not hungry,” Jace countered and for a second I felt like screaming at him. Not because I wanted to be mean or because I was angry but because he was seriously driving me insane. I had no idea how to handle the situation and he really wasn’t making this any easier by acting like nothing was wrong, like he wasn’t hungry, like everything wasn’t spiraling out of control around us.

I took a deep breath, calmed myself down and tried again.

“Well, I am and I’m not eating if you don’t,” I stated, knowing that it was a low blow, blackmailing him, but I had to try. He looked at me for a second and then nodded his head.

“Okay,” he said.

“Okay what?” I questioned, wondering if he was agreeing to eat lunch with me or for me to starve to death alongside him.

“I’ll eat,” he stated and then got up from where he was sitting and made his way to the kitchen. I watched him carefully, he had lost some more weigh from the last time I had seen him and his hair had grown, almost hanging on his shoulders now. I wanted to pull him into my arms and run my fingers through it but I didn’t dare. I had no idea how he would react.

I wanted to wait for him to return but he was taking way to long so I got up and headed to the kitchen.  He wasn’t there and the back door was open. I panicked, the bad feeling that was haunting me flaring up. I ran to the door, almost tripping over my feet, and scanned the yard but it was empty, no sign of Jace.

Where the hell did he go? I wondered, my head spinning and I had to lean against the wall or I would have fallen. He didn’t come past me, I would have seen him which only meant one thing, he went somewhere but where? And why?

“What the hell is going on Jace?” I asked myself as I turned around and took another look around the kitchen. Maybe I had somehow missed him. He wasn’t there but something on the counter caught my attention. It was a piece of paper torn from the notebook on the fridge.

I hurried over to the counter and picked up the note, scanning it with my eyes.

Needed some fresh air to clear my mind, doubt it is going to work. Don’t worry about me, I won’t do anything stupid. Order lunch and get some rest, I’ll be back later.

I read it again and again, how was I not supposed to worry? How am I supposed to eat and rest when he was out there doing God knows what. I crumbled the paper and tossed it in the general direction of the dustbin. It hit the wall, landed on the floor and skid back towards me as if to taunt me.