(21) I Want To Do Real Bad Things With You

I Want To Do Real Bad Things With You

Chapter 21

Drake’s POV

We grabbed lunch from a little take away shop at the edge of town and then headed home. Jace was quiet but he seemed slightly better. Maybe now that he knows that no matter how bad things get there is now way I am leaving him we can start putting our relationship back together.

I had no idea what our future held for us but at least we had somewhere to stay. I will get a job so that we can afford to eat and then we will have to take it from there. It didn’t matter as long as I get to have Jace .

When we arrived back at the house Jace headed inside and I followed behind, still fighting the urge to wrap him in my arms.

We ate lunch in the living room while trying to find something to watch. At one stage the channel landed on a football match and I quickly changed it but not before Jace caught a glimpse. He looked over at me as if to say something but I shook my head and he dropped it.

The tension between us was think, there were so many things I wanted to say to him but I couldn’t find the words. It looked like Jace was having the same problem and I couldn’t help but wonder if our relationship will ever be the same.

My phone started ringing at that moment,  and I hurriedly dug it out of my pocket. It was my dad so I pressed answer and lifted it to my ear. The conversation didn’t last very long and when we were done Jace looked at me with questioning eyes.

“My dad’s coming over, he said he has something he wants to tell us,” I stated. Jace nodded his head and then focused his attention back on the TV, causing me to sigh in frustration. I didn’t mean to do it but it just slipped out. Jace turned his head to look at me with the strangest expression on his face.

“I’m sorry,” he said and then moved slightly closer to me. Not so that we were touching but close enough for him to take my hand in his. He turned on the couch so that he was facing me and then took a deep breath as he closed his eyes and then opened them again, looking right into mine.

I could feel my heart speeding up in my chest from the touch of his hand and the way he was looking at me. This is the first time that he has touched me out of his own since the first night he was awake in the hospital.

“I’m so sorry,” he said again as tears formed in his eyes.

“It’s okay,” I managed to reply, my heart stuck in my throat. I was ecstatic that he was actually talking to me but I hated seeing him in this much pain.

“Will you ever be able to forgive me?” he asked, his eyes searching mine.

“There’s nothing to forgive,” I answered and watched as the tiniest bit of hope flashed in his eyes.

The doorbell rang at that moment and I silently cursed as Jace removed his hand from mine. This was such bad timing.

My Dad looked tired and stressed out as he made his way into the house. He never looked this way before and I knew it was because of me. I had caused a lot of problems between him and my mother, not to mention the whole thing that happened with Brian.

“How are you keeping up?” he asked.

“Okay I guess and you?” I replied, wondering why he wanted to see us.

“Better, it seems like your mother is slowly starting to come around,” he answered. I wanted to ask him what he meant by that but we reached the living room and both of us turned our attention to Jace. He was still sitting where I had left him. his eyes red and puffy under his shaggy black hair. My Dad stopped in his tracks for a second but managed to compose himself.