Helpful X Magician

I'm not even ten steps out of the town when I'm startled by a razor-sharp playing card sailing past my head. 

I turn around to be greeted by the mischevious magician, Hisoka. He waves at me, smiling with his eyes closed. 

"What are you doing here?" I ask, crossing my arms. 

"I could ask you the same question~" He says playfully, running a hand through his blood-red hair. 

"Fair point... but I asked first," I say in a childish tone, the corners of my lips being tugged upward into a small smile. 

"If you must know, I have no need to be at Heavens Arena anymore. So, I followed you here. It seemed like you were up to something, anyway~" He answers, taking one step closer to me.  

"You're right about me being up to something, but I don't think you'd be interested," I explain.  

"You'd be surprised to hear some of my interests~" He vaguely replies. "What exactly is it that you're doing?" 

"I'd rather not disclose that information, Hisoka. At least, not with other people around. You, of all people, should understand secrecy," I say, sending him a sassy look. He chuckles darkly. "Now, if you don't mind, I need to get going." 

I pull my summoning stone out of my backpack and activate it. My horse, Mirai, appears in front of me, neighing happily. 

"Yeah, I know. I haven't seen you in a while," I stroke her fur and attach some of my bags to her saddle. 

"You know, I've got a long way to walk~" Hisoka openly states. That was really subtle, Hisoka. Should I give him a ride, though? I mean, he's not exactly the most trustworthy individual. He has helped me several times before, but he only helped me because it was good for him in the long run. Ahh, what the heck? It's not gonna hurt anyone. 

"Would you like a ride?" I offer, gesturing to Mirai.

"How generous! That would be great~" He accepts. I slip my foot into the stirrups, swinging my other leg over to sit on her back. Hisoka follows suit, sitting right behind me. I grip the reigns, signaling for her to begin moving. I pull gently, increasing our speed to a gallop. 

"You know we're going the wrong way, right~?" He says matter-of-factly.

"No, I'm going to the next city. Which is this way," I point in front of us.  

"The next city is that way," He points to the right. Silently, I switch our direction to where he was pointing. Hisoka laughs, while I stay completely quiet. 

"What, the silent treatment now~?" He questions. 

"Look, I'm dropping you off in the next city and I'm moving on. I don't have time to waste," I say sternly, having Mirai go even faster than before.  

"Are you sure you don't have some time to spare~?" He asks, almost like he has plans already.

"I'm sure. I have to be somewhere soon, but I have no idea where I'm even going! Not to mention the fact that I'm in severe danger if I don't get there in time!" I exasperatedly exclaim. 

"Who exactly are you looking for~?" Hisoka asks. 

"This guy named Manato Watanabe, but no one knows where he is. I have to find him," I tell him. 

"It seems like you could use some help~" My eyes widen at his apparent offer. Yes, I could definitely use some help, but I don't want to put Hisoka, or anyone else for that matter, in danger. It's not fair to them. Hisoka is very strong and I'm sure he can defend himself. If he can't, though, I won't be able to live with myself. I can't let another person die on my watch. I refuse. 

White Fire - A Hunter x Hunter FanfictionOn viuen les histories. Descobreix ara