Future X Plans

Recap:

"There's only one way to stop me. You know what that is. But don't forget... if you don't fight me, your dear Gon will die," He threatens. The space between their bodies grows smaller and smaller, the tension in the room growing larger and larger until everything is perfectly silent.

"I surrender..." Killua whispers. "I lose..."

***

I exhale slowly, looking down at the thin black folder that is resting on the table in front of me. The red and white Hunter's Association logo printed on the front. My hand finds its way to the bottom right corner of the folder, hesitating a moment before I open the cover. The corners of my lips curl downwards as I see the contents.

There, in a perfectly sized slot, rests a Hunter's License. My Hunter's License. I never thought I would be here, recieving this. It's a bittersweet feeling. I thought this was the only thing I ever wanted after my brother died, so why am I not happy?

My seat suddenly feels a lot more uncomfortable and I get the urge to walk outside for some fresh air. Just then, the four examiners and the Chairman, Satotz, Menchi, Buhara, Zeppile and Netero walk to the front of the lecture hall, prepared to give us our Hunter's Orientation. Chairman Netero speaks first.

"Hello, applicants! We are here to celebrate your achievement and skill. This orientation will give you some insight as to what your License allows you to access and accomplish. There are many concepts for us to go over, so let us begin!" His voice booms loudly throughout the room. "Please turn your attention to Satotz, the first phase examiner."

We look over at him as he steps up to where Netero was previously standing.

"I shall be the first to congratulate you all for perservering against the odds to be here right now. Each phase was put in place to test specific skills you need to become a Professional Hunter. In order to pass the exam, you must have several traits. Traits that everyone here possesses. Endurance, mental fortitude," Satotz tells us.

"The willingness to try new things, courage," Menchi adds on to the list of traits that Satotz started.

"Cooprativeness, ambitiousness," Buhara comments.

"Cleverness, devotedness, hard-working," Zeppile says, continuing the list.

"And most of all, determination," Netero finishes. Satotz gestures to the rest of the examiners from his spot in the center of the room.

"We have seen potential in every single one of you. Now then, I must leave to go check up on Gon, but I shall return by the end of the orientation. I hope to see you all again soon," He tells us, exiting the room after he finishes speaking.

Beans, Netero's assistant, takes the stage next. He begins telling us about the many different types of Hunters.

"You don't have to decide now, or even ever, but there are many specialized types of Hunters. They vary from Blacklist, to Archeologist, to Technology, to Gourmet. There is a type of Specialist Hunter for pretty much everything. The most popular Specialist group is Blacklist, but Geological Hunters are not far behind in numbers. Pick whatever group is right for you," Beans goes on for quite some time about the extent and details of Hunter Types and Specialist Hunter Types. Eventually, I zone out, thinking about other things.

Why don't I feel completely satisfied with my Hunter's License? I'll have to go back through what happened to decide if I am worthy enough to use it.

***Flashback***

"Leorio vs. Bodoro, Begin!" The referee shouts, signaling the start of their fight. Barely a second passes before Killua is standing behind Bodoro.