Training X Harder

The mischevious man sits at the end of the hallway, beckoning us forward. 11:52 am. We're here just in time. 

He sends his Nen toward us. Both Killua and Gon pass through it with ease. With their newly mastered Ten, they have no problem completing the task that seemed insurmountable yesterday. Hisoka's lips twitch up into a devilish smile. 

"Welcome to the 200s," He congratulates them, in what I can only assume is a genuine tone of voice.  With him, it's nearly impossible to tell when he's being sarcastic or not. "It appears that I needn't bother with the traditional greeting. I can guess why you've come to Heavens Arena. You intended to train before challenging me..."

I look back and forth between Gon and Hisoka, watching as they stare each other down. Gon responds with vigorous determination. Not like I expected anything less from him, though. 

"Yeah, but I didn't expect to find you here. That saves me time," He says. Hisoka laughs as if he knows something Gon doesn't.

"You should avoid being overconfident in your ability to use Ten. There is much to learn about Nen. To be honest, at present, I feel no urge to fight you. However, if you manage to win a single fight in the 200s, I shall accept your challenge," Hisoka says with finality, turning to walk away.

"Let's go," Killua tells us, turning to go in the opposite direction as the other man. We go to the reception desk, registering right before the clock strikes midnight.

The next morning, I wake up to see my match displayed on my television. It's set for 11:00 am in four days. I have the time from here until then to train. I better get started.

 My first instinct is to go see Wing. He knows a lot more than I do about Heavens Arena and Nen. So, that's what I do. I walk to Wing's place, a small part of me hoping that Zushi isn't there. I want to train alone right now.

Fortunately for me, my wishes come true. Wing is the only one home. He answers the door and from what I can tell, he doesn't look too surprised to see me.

"I knew you would show us sooner or later," He says, opening the door wider to let me in. 

"How did you know?" I curiously ask.

"Just a hunch," He answers elusively. I laugh, a lighthearted atmosphere filling the room.

"So, I wish I was just here to catch up, but I have something to ask you," I say, wanting him to know that I'm not just here to talk. Though, I'm sure he's figured that out already.

"What do you need?" He asks, sitting down on the armchair in front of the couch. I take a seat on the couch.

"I know you're already teaching three students and I'm sure you get busy, but would you possibly... be willing to take on a fourth?" I implore, looking at him. "I know I have a long way to go, but I know the basics. I need to get stronger and learn the advanced techniques. My Ren isn't that strong but I'll be okay to-"

"I'll train you," Wing answers, cutting me off. I smile widely, wanting to jump up and hug him. 

"Thank you so much," I say, in awe that he's going to train me.

"Now, I have to ask. I've been wondering this for quite some time, but I didn't want to make you answer in front of your friends. Who taught you Nen?" He asks, gazing at me inquisitively. 

"Well, actually, it's a funny story. Did you, by chance, see the guy blocking Gon and Killua in the hall earlier?" I hesitantly say. 

"No way," Wing states surprisedly. "The guy with the face-paint?"

"That's the one," I admit. He freezes for a moment, stunned. 

"Really?" He asks.

"Yep."

"Alright then. I'm not even going to ask how that happened. Let's move on. Zushi, Gon, and Killua should be here in a few hours. We'll train until then. What do you know so far?" He questions me.

"I know Ten, Zetsu, and Ren. My Ten is the most powerful it's ever been. I find that my Zetsu is pretty good as well. I can sustain my Ren for almost an hour, but I almost passed out the last time I tried to beat that record," I tell him. 

"Almost an hour? We can work with that. What's your Nen class?" He asks.

"Nen class?" I cluelessly inquire. 

"Enhancer, manipulater..." He starts listing them off, then realizes that I'm not following. "You don't know what I'm talking about, do you?"

"I have no idea what you're talking about," I sheepishly say. Wing turns around, walking to another room. A minute or two later, he returns with a cup of water. A small leaf floats on top of the water. 

"This is a technique known as water divination. It is used to classify your aura type. There are six types of Nen. Enhancers, transmuters, manipulators, emitters, manipulators, and specialists. I'll tell you more about your type when we find out what it is. Place your hands next to the cup, like this," He shows me how to place my hands. "Now activate Ten."

I do as he says. Nothing happens for a moment. The quietness of the room is almost eerie. Then, the water begins to turn a dark shade of red. My eyes widen in surprise.

"Hikaru, you are an emitter," Wing tells me. "Emitters are able to control their Nen while it is seperated from their bodies. Which means that you are most likely going to develop a long-range Nen Ability. That is what most emitters do, though, there are special cases within every class."

"An emitter, huh," I wonder what Gon and Killua's Nen classes are.

"Now that we've got the more basic stuff out of the way, let's move on. When's your next fight? I'm sure you've already signed up for one, but there's some things I would like to show you. We'll need some time, though," Wing questions, glancing at the calender that is hanging on the wall.

"In four days," I tell him.

"Okay. It's gonna be tight, but if you train for the majority of the time until then, I think you can learn some valuable things before your match. Let me train you afterward as well. Whether you win or lose, I want another month to teach you," He goes on to propose a training schedule that works around Gon and Killua's training schedule.

"Sounds good to me. Let's get to work," I declare, setting down my bag and preparing to begin. 

A/N: Hi! It's December 7th already, which means that I'm here with the next chapter for the Holiday Countdown! This one is a little bit shorter than the others, but don't worry, the next holiday countdown chapter is going to be more than double the size of this one. It's going to be huge!

Also, I have an announcement. WE HAVE REACHED 4.7K READS. LET ME SAY THAT AGAIN. FOUR FLIPPIN THOUSAND SEVEN HUNDRED READS. You guys are amazing and I wish I could give a shoutout to every single one of you because you continue to motivate me and just make my life better in general. Thank you so so so much for reading, voting, and commenting. It means so much to me. I can't find the words to express how grateful I am for all of you. You're awesome and you should know that.

Okay, with that, I'll be back with the next chapter soon!

See you on December 9th!

-CrypticAlexandrite ^_^

Question of the chapter: This one isn't even a question, actually. I'm in the holiday spirit and I want to challenge you. Tomorrow, I want every single one of you to compliment one other person. This can be a friend, a family member, or literally any random person you see! Just give a compliment to one other person that you know, or appreciate. This doesn't even have to be in person. Message someone on Wattpad or any other social media! Spread the positivity! And who knows, you might just get a compliment back!