Rescue X and X Redemption

"In due time, Gon. You shall see Killua soon enough. As for you," He turns to me, his Nen aura dimmed down to normal, just like the candles. "Nice reflexes. Keep training, one day you'll be very strong."

"Why did you want to test us?" I ask, curious as to what the results of our test were and as to why it had to happen in the first place.

"Actually, the test meant nothing," Zeno says, to my surprise. Then why am I even here?

"What was the purpose of this whole thing, then?" I confusedly question.

"The real test was to see if you were willing to meet me. All you knew was that I was the grandfather of Killua and a professional assassin. Yet, you still came. Your dedication to your friend proves to be strong. I shall see you out, now," He walks us over to the door and opens it.

"Wait," I say, looking at him quizzically. "When Zebro was on the phone with you, he said your name. I recognized it. Why have I heard your name before?"

"Oh..." He says, speechless for a moment. Words find their way to his lips a second later. "I thought you had forgotten. You were very young, three or four maybe. Your brother, at the time, was here to discuss the details of a bounty that my son, Silva, had been hired for. Your brother offered to help Silva out and he refused to let you be left alone. So, he left you here, with me. I'm surprised you remembered," Zeno explains, his face lit up with astonishment. 

"My brother worked with you?" I ask, my lips being pulled up into a small smile.

"Yes, he worked with us a number of times," He says, also smiling. 

"Thank you for telling me," I nod in appreciation and turn to leave.

Gon and I go back down the hall, our silence nothing short of comfortable. I lead the way, doing my best to remember the path we took to get there. The turns I don't recall taking, Gon remembers. We find our way to the front of the mansion by doing this. We finally get to the main entrance. One of the butlers waits at the door for us.

"I will take you to your friends," He stoically states, then walks out the door. We follow him to the Butler's office, where Kurapika and Leorio are talking to each other. They see us when we come in and rush over to see what happened with Zeno.

We recount the story of why he wanted us there, leaving out the part about my brother. Secretly, I was thankful that Gon didn't try to tell them. He respects that I want to keep some privacy about it. I mean, even I didn't know that my brother worked with Killua's family until a few minutes ago. I'll tell Kurapika and Leorio about it sometime in the future. 

One of the butlers walks in the room with us. She stands near the wall, waiting for us to be done talking. Leorio is the first one to notice her. Now that she has our attention, she takes the opportunity to deliver a message.

"Killua will be with you shortly. His father has allowed him to travel with you," She informs us, then promptly exits the room.

I take a seat on the couch in the center of the room. Kurapika sits next to me, starting a conversation.

"So, what do you plan to do after this is all over?" He asks, looking into my eyes.

"I have something I have to take care of, but I need to train first. I need to get stronger before I can do it," I reply. "What are you going to do?"

"Me? I'm going to do  what I set out to do as a Hunter. I'm going to retrieve the eyes of my brethren and avenge them. I will catch the Phantom Troupe and make them pay for what they did..." He closes his eyes and when he opens them, they are scarlet and filled with rage. I reach for his hand, holding it between my own.