Pork x And x Egg?

A/N: Quickly, I just want to let you guys know that I picked the actual worst week ever to start writing and uploading a fanfiction. I've been super busy studying for final exams, so that's why I wasn't able to update a second chapter last week. In all fairness, the last chapter was the longest one so far. This chapter is even longer than the last one, but sadly it isn't edited as well. If you see any mistakes, let me know. I will definitely re-edit this chapter later, as I'm sure I've missed some stuff. Fortunately, there are only three more school days until spring break, so I should be updating longer chapters more frequently. I'll post three chapters this week to make up for my absence. Alright, thanks for reading, and enjoy the chapter!

"Phase Two will involve... cooking!!" Menchi states matter-of-factly.

Murmurs break out in the crowd. "Cooking?!" "No Way!" "What?!" "Why?!" These and various other shouts can be heard from angry and confused applicants.

What have I gotten myself into?!

Several applicants seem to think that this is some kind of joke. Some of them are outraged at the prospect of cooking for phase two. Personally, I think it is a "Don't judge it until you have tried it." situation. Now, I'm not a cooking fanatic or anything, but I can make enough food to survive on. I hope my limited skills and knowledge can get me through this phase.

"The main ingredient will be..." Menchi says, pausing for dramatic effect. I've noticed that she likes to pause while she is speaking to surprise the applicants. "Pork!"

Buhara cuts in with his own bit of information.

"You are free to use the meat from any of the species of pig in the Biska Forest! You must prepare the pork with the cooking facilities here. And you only pass if we both find it delicious."

"We will judge you on more than just taste. Don't underestimate the intricacies of cooking. Once we've both eaten our fill, the exam will end. Got it?"

"Then the second phase begins now!" Buhara shouts.

All of the other applicants and I head out of the Biska Forest Park and into the forest. I pay extra attention to the sounds around me, listening for any rustling or noises made by animals. In the far left corner of my peripheral vision, I catch a glimpse of Gon sliding down a slanted part of the ground. Killua, Kurapika, and Leorio follow him and slide down the hill. I peer through the trees in the direction they slid, looking for where they landed. They stopped sliding right in front of a gigantic pig. There are several large pigs relatively close to each other, chewing on bones. They're carnivorous pigs... great.

I swiftly jump down the slanted hill and attack the pig that is closest to me. The pig squeals angrily and forcefully hit me with its large snout. I block its attack, but I am still knocked backward a few feet. What is it's weak point? I glance around me, looking to see if any of the other applicants have found it's weak point yet, but they are all in a position similar to mine. I stay in a defensive stance, watching the way the pig moves. It seems to fight primarily with its large snout, and its back is too tough to cut through easily.

To my right, I see Gon hit a pig on the forehead with his fishing rod. The pig is weakened and knocked out. That must be the weak point! It makes sense, they must have developed large snouts to protect their weak foreheads. Killua and Kurapika confirm my suspicions by taking out two pigs easily with just one blow to their heads.

I scale the tree that was behind me, jump down when the pig is directly under me and use my knife to pierce its skull. I carry my pig back to the cooking stations in the Biska Forest Park. I am preparing the pig to be put on the spit when I see that everyone else is doing the exact same thing. I doubt I can pass if everyone does the same thing as me. For all I know, the examiner might be looking for people who aren't afraid to try something different. I gut my pig and chop it into small pieces. I take inventory of the ingredients that are provided at each station. Rice, butter, salt, pepper, onions, pineapples, eggs, celery, and a few other spices and vegetables that I do not recognize. What can I do with these? I know!