Useless X Confrontation

Recap:

"Look, Illumi or whatever your name is, I don't care who you are or why you're here, but you need to back off of Killua. You shouldn't treat him like that. He doesn't deserve someone like you as a brother if you're going to say something like that to him," I angrily remark, glaring at him. What he is doing is not okay and I'm not about to watch it happen without saying something.

"You're one to talk," Illumi says nonchalantly.

"What's that supposed to mean?" I inquire, exasperated.

"It's not like you were a great sibling either," He offhandedly comments. My eyes widen. I'm ready to take this guy on. I'm sorry Killua. You're probably going to lose your chance at your Hunter's License because of me.

***

"Don't." A hand grabs my wrist, followed by a stern voice. "It's not worth it."

I look back to see Hisoka, his arm outstretched to hang onto my wrist as I struggle to walk forward. I glare at him, attempting to free my hand by harshly yanking it away from him, failing to move more than an inch in the direction I want to go. The rest of the applicants stare in our direction, watching our quarrel take place. Hisoka grips me tighter, looking at me straight in the eyes as if to say, 'Nothing you say will change my mind,'.

"Let go," I plead, my eyes wide with desperation. I'm already angry enough that Illumi was hurting Killua, but then he brought my brother into the matter. Why won't Hisoka just let me go? It's my problem, why doesn't he allow me to fight my own battles?!

"You can't win," He definitively states, dropping his playful demeanor, as if he knew what I was thinking. I close my eyes, taking a deep breath. Then, I stop fighting him to go towards Illumi. After all, he is right about me not being able to win. That doesn't mean I can just stand there, though.

I make a beeline towards the door, ready to leave and get a breath of fresh air. I need to cool off before I am able to watch this happen. As I grasp the cool metal doorknob, Illumi says something that freezes me in my tracks.

"That's it! After I get my license, I'll kill Gon!" He says as if he's proud of himself for coming up with that idea. I turn around to face him and block the door. It's his only way to get to Gon from here. I will protect him at all costs. Kurapika, Hanzo, and Leorio join me, the four of us creating a barrier in front of the exit. "A killer doesn't need any friends."

Killua's breathing becomes fast and uneven at his brother's death threat to his best friend.

"If I wait until after passing the exam, I can kill everyone here and still keep my License, right?" Illumi asks Netero.

"Yes, according to the rules," He replies, his tone not showing any signs of regret or concern for the situation at hand.

"Did you hear that, Kil? You have to beat me if you want to save Gon. Will you fight me for your friend's sake?" Illumi looks smug like he knows what Killua is thinking. "You can't do it. Because you're more worried about whether or not you can defeat me. And, you already have your answer. 'I am not strong enough to beat my brother'. Never fight an enemy you can't beat. I drilled that into you."

The younger boy moves to step back in an effort to put distance between himself and the man that is in front of him.

"Don't move. If you move an inch, I'll assume that the fight has begun," Illumi lifts up his arm, and slowly reaches out to touch him. "And, if our bodies make contact, that will also signal that the fight has begun."

His arm inches closer to Killua's forehead, getting dangerously close. I stare in silence along with the rest of the other applicants, barely even noticing that I was holding my breath.

"There's only one way to stop me. You know what that is. But don't forget... if you don't fight me, your dear Gon will die," He threatens. The space between their bodies grows smaller and smaller, the tension in the room growing larger and larger until everything is perfectly silent.

"I surrender..." Killua whispers. "I lose..."

A/N: Hi guys, I regret to inform you that once again, this chapter was a day late (when are my chapters uploaded on time tbh). I'm sorry and all that stuff, but this time I actually have a viable reason lol. A family emergency came up, preventing me from having any writing time on Tuesday. That was the day I was supposed to actually get the chapter done, but it didn't happen.

Don't worry, the issue has been dealt with, it's just been a little hectic with all that drama, plus school starting, plus Wattpad being a butt and not allowing me to upload things correctly. The chapter is very very very short, but I didn't want to leave you guys with nothing for the week, so I decided to upload this, even though it's a lot shorter than my chapters usually are. They will be longer in future installments.

Anyway, I am starting a weekly upload schedule, so things will actually be on time! I will be uploading every Sunday, starting this coming Sunday.

In other news (great news!) we reached 2K reads!

WHAT EVEN

TWO THOUSAND READS

WHAT

IM SPEECHLESS

HOLYYYYYYYY GUACAMOLEEEEE

No but seriously, I'm speechless. You guys are the best readers anyone could ever ask for, and I promise that I will actually be on time for the next chapter! I love you guys, and all of the congratulations on reaching 2K are amazing. You continue to motivate me to challenge myself and write better pieces. I don't even know what to say to thank you guys enough for everything you do.

I love you all and I'll see you on Sunday with a much much longer chapter!

Byeeeeeeeeeeeeeee

-CrypticAlexandrite ^_^