All Of God's Grace In Two Tiny Faces

Lucien

It's been three days since the wedding. We're lying in bed now, content as I stroke her now huge belly while she rests her head on my shoulder. Since the wedding, we had her room moved to mine and now we were living together.

Just as I thought nothing could ruin this moment, Raven looked to me, "Lucien?" She sounded worried, scared even.

Looking down, the only thing I could say was "hmmm?" before I felt something wet on me. Thinking she wet herself, I was ready to get up but she started crying. "Raven, baby, what's wrong? Are you okay? Answer me, please, baby. You're scaring me," I looked frantically in her eyes, seeing fear spread in her eyes as she whispered the most frightening words ever:

"The babies are coming..."

***

Three hours later, we were in the infirmary with a special midwife brought in from a different dimension to bring our children into the world. Khristian was pacing around the waiting area while my father watched him worriedly. Raven screamed from inside, "IT HURTS!!! LUCIEN MAKE IT STOP!!!"

A nurse burst out from the room and screamed out, "Get in there now! Your mate needs you to hold her hand before she comes out and drags you in herself," Khristian and my father smirked at each other knowing she would do just that. I nodded and walked rapidly into the room, holding Raven's hand as she started crying. "Where the fuck were you?! You helped make these babies you're going to feel some semblance of pain I'm going through right now." She gripped my right hand so tightly it broke my hand. She screamed, sweat rolling down her face, as she pushed.

Then the room filled with a baby's cry. I looked down at Raven in awe. This woman has given me a child, soon to be followed by another. "It's a girl," The nurse said. I kissed her sweat slicked face and said to Raven, "you are the most amazing woman in the world to me, do you know that?"

She smiled at me before a pained look crossed her face and she was told to push again. I gave her my other hand and she broke it just as easily. When the pain got so unbearable she screamed, she glared at me, pulling me towards her until we were only a breath apart and she growled, "I hate you so fucking much!

I rolled my eyes, knowing it was only a heat the moment declaration. "I love you too, mo searc," I said, stroking her face with my broken hand. It shouldn't take long to heal. Screaming one more time, giving my hand one more good squeeze, she pushed with all her might.

Two babies crying filled the room. "It's a boy," the nurse informed, bringing the boy to his twin to be cleaned before being brought to their mother. Raven lolled her head to the side tiredly. "Congrats, mother," I said jokingly.

"Shuddup," she slurred tiredly. The nurse came back with two bundles wrapped in blankets, handing one to me and one to Raven.

"Congratulations. You have one healthy baby boy and a beautiful healthy baby girl," she said joyfully.

I looked down at the little girl in my arms. Beautiful like her mother, I thought. Raven smirked up at me, "Don't think compliments are going to get you out of trouble, Lucien. You're responsible for two more lives now," she said tiredly but jokingly as proved by the smile on her face.

I nodded and kissed Raven's head. "You're still remarkable to me, you know," I said quietly. She nodded and I felt tears in my eyes. This woman never ceased to amaze me, she gave me love when I didn't deserve it, she forgives me and continues to bless me with things I'd never even wished about.

Composing myself, I linked with my father and Khristian that it was okay to come in. Three minutes later, there was a pat on my back as I was looking at my son sleeping in a cot next to his mother's sleeping form. I was still holding my daughter in my arms, rocking her sleeping form tenderly in my arms. "Congratulations, son. They're beautiful. I'm proud of you and I'm positive your mother would be as well."

I nodded, tears in my eyes as my father hugged my with one arm while we looked at my daughter then my wife, my mate. The door burst in then, slapping against the wall and waking the babies up, causing them to cry. When we turned around, Raven's four flowers came running through the doors, squealing and gushing around the now wakened babies who were bawling for being disturbed. Raven woke up drowsily and upon hearing her children crying, she growled, "What happened? Who hurt my babies?"

Everyone in the room tensed but me. I was too concerned with rocking our little girl, calming the bundle of tears until she was lulled back to sleep. Looking around I saw everyone look like they were children caught taking a cookie from the cookie jar. The flowers pointed to our fathers and I gawked. These four old ladies, deceivingly innocent, pointed to two of the most powerful fallen angels in history!

I put our child down next to her brother who immediately calmed at the feel of his sister now next to him. He rolled to his side the adorable way that babies do and took his sister's hand.

I sat down at Raven who was still glaring at everyone. I took her hand, "Calm down, love. The babies aren't used to loud noises. They'd eventually have started crying. I was watching the whole time and wouldn't have hesitated to snap the necks of whoever harms our child."

She calmed down after hearing this and she relaxed against her pillow. Khristian and my father came up to the children, cooing at them like grannies. The image of them cooing will be forever be engraved into my mind. Khristian turned to Raven, asking, "May I?" Gesturing to our little girl. Raven nodded and we watched as he picked up the baby and brought her to a seat near the bed. He looked down at her lovingly and asked us, "Have you thought of names?"

I looked to Raven who looked thoughtful and said, "Liberty Rachael Morningstar," she started. Khristian looked surprised and then he beamed. 

"Beautiful," he said in awe. "Freedom of the Morningstar," he said chuckling. 

Everyone chuckled with him. Lucifer asked Raven could he hold the boy and she shrugged, "Sure, I'll be needing babysitters in the near future while I recover."

The flowers tried to speak up, but not before Clara came running into the room. Seeing the two men hold the babies, she gasped, holding her hands to her mouth, "The babes have been born then?"

Everyone nodded. We heard shouting from down the corridor and Clara squeaked, running behind the flowers.

"What are you-"                                         "Shhhh"

"Could you please explain why-"           "Shhhh"

"Oh for God's sake child, speak up!"    "Shhhhhhhhhhhhhh"

The door burst open again and in strode one of the fallen. It was Dmitri, and he was angry. He bowed to Lucifer and in a clearly gruff voice, he says, "Pardon the intrusion, you majesty. I'll leave in a moment if you'll just allow me to collect something that came through" My father nodded indifferently and we all watched in amusement as he made his way over to where Clara was hiding and the flowers parted way like the Red Sea. Clara looked up at him and squeaked.

Dmitri growled and grabbed her wrist, dragging her out of the room. We'll have to get information about that later, I thought to Raven. She laughed genuinely in our mind link and said, trouble in paradise.

We sat in silence until Bluebell spoke up, "Raven, darling. When will the ceremony be held?"

Raven tensed. Looking at the elder, she said, "When the time is right, Bluebell. No sooner and no later."

I looked at my father and Khristian who suddenly became black eyed. "You cannot be telling us that barbaric ceremony is still going on. If you believe Khristian and I will allow our grandchildren to commence in such a thing, you have another thing coming. Bluebell, you are more foolish to ask such a question in my presence. Clearly you don't remember what happened the last time you displeased me," he growled at her. "These children have only just been born and you're talking about that? Are you looking to lose more than you have?"

Bluebell paled and her eyes teared. She left the room crying with her sisters following, glaring back at my father. My father just looked back at Raven, "Raven, please. This ceremony has caused more to die than there should have been dead!"

She looked up at him and said sadly, "I know. It killed my best friend."