5. You Are The Risk I Will Always Take

Lucien

I spent the whole of the next day hanging out with my mate's beta Augustus, also known as August.

He talked to me about his part in being a surrogate sperm donor for a female named April who mated a woman named May and they now had two daughters named June and July. I had to laugh at the pattern. When he asked me what was funny, I explained the pattern.

He turned and said, "well you will certainly laugh at this then. My mates name is September, my eldest daughter's is Noel and my youngest is December."

This then, of course, made me laugh until my ribs hurt. Just as I collected myself, Raven came into the room and looked between us. She had just gotten out of bed, as I could see by her half brushed hair.

I quietly walked over to her from the kitchen table, bent down to her and gave her a sweet peck. When I turned back to August, his eyes were wide and he bowed to Raven, which was always so amusing to me. I mean, having a six foot man bow to a five foot three woman had to be something.

August said in a quick manner, "My apologies alpha. I did not know this male was your mate. Does your brother know of his arrival?"

I could see this question irritated my mate as she tensed under my arm and replied stiffly, "yes, August. My brother knows of his arrival. No apologies necessary. However, I do wonder about your presence here today." She spoke so formally to him, I looked down at her just to make sure I had the right woman in my arms. She looked irritated but curious at the same time.

I looked at August expectantly, hoping he would not disappoint me with his response. "Well alpha, I heard movement this morning, while patrolling, as per your brother's instruction. I came to investigate and smelled a demon in the house," he smiled abashedly. "Then we sat down and drank tea while having a conversation."

It was strange seeing the big man blush and look like a child who got caught with their hands in the cookie jar. I chuckled at the image and expected my mate to tense at the situation. However, her humor must have caught up because she was doubled over, clutching her ribs with tears down her face.

"August, your silly old fool, that's no reason to apologize and look embarrassed about. Shit, I've walked through your door just because I needed tea bags." Her melodic voice cracked with every word as she tried not to laugh while speaking. My hand lowered to her waist and I pulled her closer.

"Well, August. It was nice speaking with you. I hope to see you again in the near future." The shifter and I grinned at each other and he bowed low to Raven, before making a hasty exit.

Then the warmth from my side is gone and I seek it out. I looked behind me to see Raven pulling out towels from the closet and start heading towards the bathroom. After she closed the door behind her, I heard the water start and heard the sound of clothes being removed.

My blood started racing as I was thinking about what actions to take. Should I join her? Maybe stay? I laughed to myself. You're a demon prince, not some silly, hormonal, self conscious, teenager. I walked towards the bathroom door and thought to myself, let the fun begin.

~

I opened the door as quietly as possible and closed it behind me with a barely audible click. I took in the large bathroom, half the size of the master bedroom and filled with steam. I walked quietly to the shower and stopped cold. There in the shower was the most beautiful creature I had ever seen. I mean, yeah, she was beautiful anyway, but seeing her in all her glory, her luxurious curves, her creamy skin... My heart beat increased and I willed it back down as I started to strip.

I walked in behind her and grabbed her by her hips, pulling her to me and breathing in her neck. She tensed beneath me and relaxed, realizing it was me. "What are you doing?" she asked, her voice a husky whisper.

I turned her to me and said slowly, "I'm being a good mate and checking on you. You've been quiet, distant even, this morning."

She lowered her eyes as I said this. Then she nodded. She took a deep breath before starting. "The truth is I don't understand relationships, Lucien. I love that you were made for me, that you are all mine. But I've never even had a relationship. I've been kept locked up, neglected. I've never grown comfortable around people, especially men."

"You have nothing to fear from me. I understand your fears. You are the other half of my soul and I love that you've chosen to share your fears with me." I pecked her on the lips, but that wasn't enough. I pressed her to me as I guided our bodies to the tiled wall, our lips still intertwined. She wrapped her legs around my waist and pulled back and whispered in that Irish brogue that made me groan in need, "Tell me I can trust you, Lucien. Tell me you won't leave me or turn your back on me."

I looked at her lips, glossy and swollen from my kisses, and then back to her eyes, that seemed to glow. " You can trust me with your life, my love. I won't hurt you purposefully, I will love you with all I have. I will provide for your every need and want, if need be. I was made for you and you for I. Please, all I ask, is that you trust me."

A tear trailed down her cheek and she nodded. I smiled in victory and closed the gap, bringing our mouths back together. We were against the wall for about ten more minutes, groping, kissing, exploring and then just letting the water rain on us, until we heard a bang on the door.

I looked at Raven, her cheeks flushed, and raised a brow. "Expecting anyone, love?" She shook her head vehemently, no. I believed her. We got dressed as quickly as possible and opened the door.

Standing outside was my uncle, Gabriel. My last thought was oh shit, and then everything went black.

***

Righto, well ladies and gents, comment, vote and follow plz. I'd appreciate your opinions if you could all spare the time, as this chapter was rushed.

Thank you all, xoxo