I Believe I Am In Hell, Therefore I Am

Raven

We made it through the gate and were soon escorted by guards to the shiniest black BMW I had ever seen. Lucien's hand lowered to the end of my back and I had to fight back a moan. I swear, I seem to be needing his hands on me more and more.

His mouth was at my ear as we slipped into the car. "I need you just as much, mo grá." When he called me his love, my heart squeezed. We drove quietly through the streets which, surprisingly weren't covered in corpses and brimstone. Something inside me felt comfortable in this dark side of the world. I haven't felt this way since... Since a while.

Lucien rested his head on my shoulder and whispered, "Nearly there, love. We can meet my father to introduce you, settle you in, then we can go meet your father when you're ready."

I nodded my head, suddenly a feeling of apprehension swept through me. I know what Gabriel said, about him being ecstatic, but would he want to see me? After so many years, centuries without my mother or me? He may have found someone new to replace us.

Lucien's hand rested on mine on my lap. "Love, calm yourself. Your father is one of the smartest men down here, and my father's best friend. He helped my father raise me, so I know for a fact that he would love nothing more than to have his own child in his arms."

I nodded as tears filled my eyes and buried my head in his shoulder, nuzzling his neck, where he would bear my mark. When the car came to a stop, it was inside castle walls. Lucien pulled away, opened his door and exited, walking to the other side to open my own door like a gentleman.

I smiled up at him and took the hand he presented. He pulled me towards him and embraced me before pecking my lips and growling playfully, "Smile, you're not about to be put on the executioner's block."

I smirked and said teasingly, "Promise?"

He pulled me towards the huge double Greek style doors. Before I knew it, I was standing in a large ballroom with, what looked like, a throne at the other end of the room. Lucien kissed my cheek and said lowly, "Stay here. I'll be back. Do NOT, under any circumstances leave this room, alright?"

I nodded my head and he left me.

That was one and a half hours ago. Then two double doors opened from the far end of the room and in strode a man who looked like he lived with a purpose. He was at least six foot, with wavy brown hair in a ponytail at the base of his neck and was wearing a black suit with a crystal white tie. Looking into his eyes, was comforting almost. He had the same amber eyes as my mate. But colder, like he was lost and had no reason to live.

He looked towards me and asked almost in confusion, "Rachael? Can it truly be?"

I coughed to clear my throat and the man sniffed in before his eyes widened. "Daughter of Khristian, mate of Lucien, my son."

Oh shit, I met the Devil himself and he knows who I am.

I nodded to concede and the cold eyes suddenly bloomed with happiness, such joy. His smile lit up the room and I found t contagious. Suddenly we were smiling and he walked briskly towards me to pull me into a hug. "Never in my wildest dreams had I considered my son's mate to be my best friend's child. It brings me such joy to know you two were destined to be. The goddess' have more kindness in their little fingers compared to that 'father' of mine," he spat father out like it was the most vilest word ever to be uttered. "They truly are a blessing!!"

I nodded in placating agreement and felt arms wrap around my waist. I put my hands over the large ones resting over my stomach and my back felt the deep vibrations of the voice sounding out behind me. "Enough father. You're future daughter-in-law is uncomfortable. Where were you anyway? I scourged the whole palace looking for you."

Lucien's father looked happy at Lucien and I being close. Seeing his eyes rest on me, I noticed them soften. This isn't the Devil that we hear about in church nor the one we read about. This is a man who had lost the love of his life while she was giving birth and had lived his life raising a child conceived by their love.

The thought of going through the same thing with Lucien made me want to pull away and hug his father. "I'm sorry, Lucien. I was in a business meeting. How about dinner?" His excuse was so plain and his change of subject, so sudden, I laughed.

Lucien raised a brow at us and said, "Actually, I was going to get Raven settled in and then I was going to get Khristian-"

"Fine idea, my child. While you're at it, get the others. I haven't seen the others in quite some time. Khristian should be in his study down the East wing. We shall have the finest feast to welcome Raven"

Lucien slumped in defeat, turned to me and said, "Raven I shall be with you momentarily. Would you like to try and find the room?" I arched a brow at the word try. I don't, as a practice, try anything. I nodded, looked to his father and said clearly, "It was nice meeting you."

"And you, my dear. Pleasure to meet you too," was the reply I got.

I walked down the hallways, finding Lucien's essence in the hallways. Suddenly, I'm knocked over by an extreme sort of power that only few have. Out of curiosity, which often got the better of me, I continued walking down the corridor to stop at an old looking door with dust on the door knob.

Turning oh-so-slowly, it creaked open and I came face to face with the most familiar eyes I faced every morning when looking in the mirror.

"Dad?"