If Given The Choice Between Armageddon and Tea, Don't Say "What Kind Of Tea?"

Raven

Three days of training for this day. Khristian had me training day and night, leaving no weakness untouched. Now, all of my old habits, all my weaknesses have been knocked out of me. I feel invincible as I make my way into the ring.

Khristian had brought me here yesterday saying, "Now, tomorrow, I want you to fight dirty. Use every weapon in your arsenal." When he saw my confused expression, he said pointing at me, "You are the only hybrid of demon/phoenix out there besides Lucien - you have divine/infernal/shifter blood in you. Use them." I nodded my head in understanding.

In the three days we had trained, we worked on my demon powers as they were what I had least experience on. My phoenix side came to me like breathing - it was second nature. By the end of the three days, Khristian was barely standing, but he hid it well with heavy glamour.

I stood in the ring now, hands by my side and my legs were shoulders width apart. The arena was huge and full to the brim. Demons were practically spilling out of their seats, betting who would win tonight. My eyes turned to the opposite side of the arena. Ophelia came into the ring her hair in a french braid and dressed in black. Her clothes were clingy, showing every curve. I growled. Not now, not with Lucien watching, I thought.

I only have eyes for you, mo grá, was the response to my thoughts. I smiled. Ophelia watched me warily, not trusting me with a smile on my face. Good choice, I sneered to myself.

Lucifer walked gracefully into the ring and stood between us. Looking between us, he said loud and clearly, "Welcome, one and all to the fight between Ophelia, leader of the fifth circle and brethren to the First Fallen, and Raven, daughter of Khristian, leader of the seventh circle, mate of Lucien, my offspring and future ruler of the eighth circle of Hell, the centre." The cheers were deafening. Ophelia's name was being screamed out on one side , but only because they were underestimating me. I smirked. It's their money.

The side opposite Ophelia's supporters was screaming my name, but it wasn't nearly as loud. Have you placed your bet, sweetie? I asked Lucien. His reply held a smile, confident much? I smiled a little and sent back, only a little. You should bet. You'll be a rich man leaving.

I'm already a rich man. I have you. Please don't change that and come back to me alive.

Nothing to say about coming back with no injuries??? I asked incredulously.

Nothing's ever promised about injuries, croí milis, he replied.

Sweet heart? I asked. What about my love?

You're all the above, he laughed.

Lucifer finished his speech with a loud, "and may the odds be in your favor!!"

Jesus Christ, I thought, pinching the bridge of my nose with my thumb and forefinger. He's quoting the Hunger Games. 

A bell rang somewhere in the background and Ophelia came rushing for me. She tried to grab for my hair, which I had in a doughnut bun. I skirted her and went straight for her ribs, which she left open.

She went down as I broke two of her lower ribs. From the ground, she turned and growled at me, scraping her nails through the dirt. Oh shit, she's gonna....

Thinking too late, she threw dirt in my eyes. I held up my arm to block too much damage, but something stopped it. Putting my arm down, I saw I had a shield up. Unconsciously, I used a power I had never known I had. The dirt hit off the shield and hit the ground. Everyone looked in shock. That was no demon power. It wasn't one any demon had. It must be the mix of my blood, giving me unknown powers, I thought.