3. True Love Isn't Found, It's Built

Lucien

I couldn't stand it anymore. When I walked into the bar and saw that vamp just looking at her like he wanted to--- 

My thoughts stopped. I looked around and my eyes rested on the girl who is my mate, my other half. She was panting as she tried to keep up with my fast pace. Her hair was disheveled, she had a sheen of sweat on her brow - she looked like she'd just been fucked, good and hard. Suddenly guilt assailed me accompanied by lust. Wonderful mate you are Lucien, can't even see your bird is tired, I scolded myself. I dropped the hand that I was holding and watched as disappointment passed over her face. The emotion quickly passed over her but not quick enough. I know I shouldn't feel this way, but her disappointment in me letting her go made me feel smug.

Suddenly she stepped up to me and glared saying sharply, "now, I want answers."

Oh, but if her brogue didn't make me feel things down under.

I smiled at her display of dominance. "Alright, darling. Keep you knickers on. Unless you want to skip the answers and spend our time doing more enjoyable... Activities," I smiled at her knowingly and watched as her eyes widen. When she took a step forward and opened her mouth to start her argument, I took this chance to close the distance between us, pull her too my chest and pressed my lips to her tempting rubies. Raven tensed beneath me but just as quickly, melted in my arms and opened her mouth as invitation.

Oh, her mouth was sweeter than it looked inside and out. Raven moaned into my mouth as she pressed herself closer to me. I felt the sudden urge to rip everything off and take her against a tree. That was when I knew I had to pull away.

It  was harder than I thought. I had a sudden urge to mark her, claim her as mine. I looked away until my libido calmed. When I looked back to her, I saw her look at me with lust and desire. My eyes dropped back to her lips, so red. 

I cleared my throat and looked back to her eyes. I had to clear this awkward atmosphere somehow. "Well," I started, staring at my scuffed boots that were digging into the dusty road, "Perhaps we should continue."

The lust in her eyes cleared and she stepped forward. "And where would we be continuing to?" She licked her lower lip and my eyes targeted it like heat seeking missiles. I groaned inwardly, wishing I was what she was licking instead of her lip. Oh dear Hades, this bird is going to be the death of me. 

Getting my head out of the gutter, I looked back at my Raven's icy eyes and opened my mouth to answer but was interrupted by a truck pulling up. It was dirt-covered, red, maybe ten years old from the looks - but looks could be deceiving, as I know. 

Whoever stuck their head out of the window, as the truck pulled up, was familiar with my mate. Too familiar. My teeth ground together as I saw him jump out and hug her. It irritated me more when Raven's eyes lit up and a smile so beautiful, it eased almost all of my irritation. Almost. The male was tall and lean, well-muscled and had shoulder length hair tied in a low ponytail. His feature were soft and his eyes were a vibrant green, like lily-pads. He seemed like the kind of guy you were introduced to and naturally became best friends. I swear I cracked a tooth that time.

Bloody Hell, Lucien get a hold of yourself. You are not some little boy whose toy was taken away. Nor are you some infatuated teenager whose self-conscious and afraid of your crush being taken away. 

I blinked in realization. That is exactly what I'm acting like. I shook myself from my thoughts, not liking the comparisons, and listened into the conversation between my mate and the too-relaxed shifter who still had his hands on Raven's waist. I was certain my eyes were glowing by now.