2. If You Don't Fight For What You Want, Don't Cry For What You've Lost

Raven

Man, this night couldn't be anymore dead, were the first word to cross my otherwise occupied mind as I looked around the bar, now nearly empty at 3am, which is unusual. Phoenix Square, neutral ground for all supernaturals to spend their time getting drunk, freeing some pent up anger or even to hook up with some other supe.

I looked around the room from my private booth and flinched when I saw who walked through the door. Shit, it's Damion. The damn vamp had his eye on me since the first night I walked through those doors. Not hard on the eyes, but he was no prize either. And from what I've heard he's no spring chicken. The first night I saw this guy, he was at the bar with two leopard shifters, a hand up one's skirt, while groping and drinking from another. 

Damn he's coming my way, and from the look in his eyes as he looked with hooded eyes from my black stilettos, netted-tights to my deep cut blood-red dress, he liked what he saw. He came to stand just in front of me with his mega-watt smile - while showing some fang - and when he spoke, his voice was raspy, soft... And so fake. "Raven, ma belle. How are you this eve? You look ravishing," he exclaimed with a show of hands flurrying around.

I narrowed my eyes and raised a brow at his words. I look at him in fake confusion and ask, "Thank you Damion. I wonder though, why am I only tonight getting the company of the infamous man --- I'm sorry, I meant playboy."

Being a vampire, he is naturally pale, however I could see his ears - carefully hidden behind his hair - brighten to a shade of red.

"Well my dear, if you wished for my company, all you need do is ask," he said flustered. I hid my smile behind a curtain of my hair, dark as night, and my only joy. My raven locks - as I was so creatively named after - were often envied after wherever I went. 

When I looked back up at Damion, I flicked back my lustrous hair but my eyes never found his. Instead, my eyes looked over his shoulder and at the entrance to the man just walking in. No, not man. Demon, the voice said. It whispered one other word to me. Mate.

My eyes widened at the man catching everyone's attention - even Damion's. The man was beyond gorgeous. He had to be at least 6'5 if not more. He wore denim jeans that hung loosely on his hips and a leather jacket over a chest that looked like it was sculpted by an artist. Suddenly, thoughts of me licking that beautifully tanned, chiseled chest came to my mind, and I blushed as his eyes rested on me. He had the most unusual amber eyes I had ever seen. Not that I know a lot of demons, but I've never known one to have such luminous eyes. His face was framed with beautiful chestnut hair that I would have loved to run my fingers through, and his lips were so full they looked like they were made for sin. Sudden thoughts of where I'd like those lips, made me sink into my chair.

"Raven, do you know him?" Damion's voice brought me back to the present, snapping me out of my reverie. I looked up into his eyes, now glowing an eery green, and nodded slowly before looking at the too-beautiful demon now making his way towards us. He had his eyes on me, but was stopped halfway by a girl with blonde hair, too much makeup - mainly foundation - and a skimpy skirt with a top that I wouldn't even consider one as it barely covered her obviously plastic breasts. The guy took his eyes off me only when she pressed provocatively against him and whispered something - probably explicit - in his ears. He then did something that surprised me. He pulled away and looked at her in disgust. He pushed her away gently, not enough force to cause her to bruise or fall over, then continued towards me.

He cut a glance at Damion before stopping right in front of me and running his tanned, soft hand down my cheek. His eyes softened on my face before cutting a glare towards Damion, who was taking cautious steps away from the demon whose power was now radiating off of him in strong waves. Damion turned swiftly and I nearly laughed at his brisk walk towards the bar... On the farthest side of the room.

The demon - who apparently is my mate - turned back towards me and gave me a look from head to toe. The look he gave me irked me, rubbing me the wrong way. I glared at him as I stood, spread my arms and said sarcastically while keeping eye contact, "Do you like what you see?"

His reaction wasn't what I expected. When I thought he would get irritated at my 'I-will-not-submit-to-you' attitude, he simply chuckled at me, grabbed my waist to pull me close and leaned in to my ear. I thought he would publicly claim me, he was so close. Put his scent on me even. But he just whispered low enough for me to hear, "I like it very much, darling, however that is just one side of you. I look forward to learning every detail about you, my little fire bird."

I nearly moaned at his voice. It was so soft, velvety. And the English accent wasn't something to avoid. Especially coming from a demon who could use it to his advantage. Then I shook me head to clear my thoughts and stepped from his hold. Shit Raven, that could've ended in some serious shit that could've ended in some serious years of counselling. Then his words settled in.

I look forward to learning every detail about you, my little fire bird. 

My little fire bird.

A cold chill settled over me as his words sank in and I stepped further away and glared at him. Through painfully clenched teeth, I said, "how do you know?"

He kept his eyes on me and nodded in what seemed like approval. "Good. I'm not very fond of submissive women." He stepped closer to me and grabbed my arm, which thankfully wasn't bruise-worthy. When he pulled me against his chest, I grabbed onto his chest and noticed his amber gaze drop to my pink glossy lips. He brought his thumb up to my mouth and ran it over my mouth until he was sure all of the gloss was gone, leaving my unnaturally red lips for all to see.

When I dropped my eyes from his to look around,  I was right that all could see. The whole bar - well whatever else of the bar was left from the night - had ceased talking, moaning, groping and whatever else, just to look at the show the powerful demon and unknown shifter were putting on by the private booth whose purpose was forgotten. He followed my gaze but didn't seem bothered by the attention.

I took another step back before sticking out my hand and introducing myself. "I'm Raven. And how do you know what I am?"

The guy just looked back at me and smiled, sticking his hand into mine replying, "Lucien. If you would like answers, you will follow me." He said this with certainty, but also quietly so nobody would hear his words.

I nodded my head and turned to pick up my own leather jacket from the booth. I allowed him to take my hand and lead me from the bar. When I passed the bar, I noticed Damion, who only moments ago was after me, now had his hand up the slutty girl with too much orange foundation's barely there skirt. I sneered in unnoticed disgust as I was directed out of the bar.