A True Love Story Never Ends

Raven

The day of the wedding finally came. Finally, the day Lucien and I would become one in every way. I rose from the bed and heard screaming from down the corridor. I jumped out of bed, momentarily losing balance because of the huge bump that was my baby. In the weeks of preparation for the wedding, my bump had grown to a size that would've convince people I was about to pop.

Clara came through the door with a smile on her face. When she saw me she immediately became worried. "Are you alright, Raven? Is it the baby? Are you going into labor?"

"I'm fine and no to the other questions. I just heard a scream from down the-"

"HAH! Sorry, it's just funny that a scream like that came from a man because he got tackled by four innocent looking women."

I ran to the door at the mention of four women. I opened the door and came face to face with the women who had raised me, along with my father and father in law in the back looking slightly annoyed.

I laughed at his expression as they all pooled into the room, pulling me into a hug. "Ahh Raven, we've missed you. What happened to say you left? You've got family who are worried about you, you know. Michael is spreading all manner of havoc on the world."

I smiled down at the elders until they brought up Michael's name. Before I could respond, their eyes dropped and they gasped. "Oh Sun Goddess, Praise you for granting this girl which we have raised the gift of her first born. Please give her safe passage through the hardship and grant her many more gifts to come." This came from Rose.

When Lily touched my stomach, she gasped, "'Tis twins, sisters. She is doubly blessed." Tears filled her eyes and she pulled me in for a hug. "The Sun and Moon Goddesses have blessed you beyond compare with your parents alive, your mate being found and twins on the way. You deserve nothing less with the pain you have endured."

I hugged her back and whispered, "I endured it. I survived what I must. But it wasn't all that bad. I had you, my flowers."

The sisters smiled and they got teary eyed. My father looked around the room like they were all insane. I smiled as I pulled away and said to him, "Are you okay, dad?"

All attention was averted from me as their eyes landed on Khristian. Well this should be good. He wore a forced smile and said, "Of course daughter. Why ever would I not be okay with the four women who spread rumors about Lucifer and I stealing children and elderly people being in this room. Along with the daughter I barely know getting married before I have the chance to actually know her." He sighed and his eyes teared up as he pulled me into his arms. "It's all too much. You're grown up and pregnant and getting married and all I want to do is protect you from the world."

I hugged him back as tears filled my eyes and said, "Dad, you're always going to have the right to protect me, you'll just have to share the role with Lucien. We'll always be able to see each other now we know we're both alive. Right now I just need you to do about three things: hold me up as I walk down the aisle, tell me I look beautiful in my wedding dress and please for all things that I hold dear, do NOT let me fall on my face."

He laughed heartily which vibrated his chest and had me laughing with him too. When we pulled away from each other, we were both teary eyed and a blubbering mess.

Clara had met up with the flowers and they were all getting the supplies ready for my hair and makeup.

Khristian pulled me to him and kissed my forehead gently and whispered, "Good luck," before disappearing out the door. I chuckled to myself, turned around and thought to myself, welcome to Hell.