6. History Is History, What Is Done Is Done

Raven

I saw Lucien collapse to the floor, and my first thought was to go to him, help him. Something happened. The man at the door did something to him and I wanted to know what. I looked away from Lucien up at the man, glaring at him. He didn't seem to be the least bit intimidated. I looked him up and down, noticing how he looked like the lighter version of Lucien. He had the same chiseled chest and the same amber eyes, but he had stubble on his chin and disheveled hair, like he was unkept. He was anything but.

I looked him back in the eyes and growled, "What did you do to him?"

He seemed to understand, but he cocked his head to the side like he was confused. "Why worry for him, child? He is the scum of the Earth, an abomination, beyond help and-" I cut him off before he could insult my mate further.

I quickly marched up to the glowing, self-righteous, breath taking bastard who thought he could say that about my mate and get away with it. "Listen here, love," I said love with sarcasm, "You will tell me why you are here, you will not insult my mate, you will apologize to said mate when he awakens from whatever you have done to him, caprice?"

The male in front of me looked shocked, like he'd never been spoken to with such disrespect. Yeah, well I'm not really the Ms. Proper Princess Propriety type, I thought to myself.

I continued to glare at the man who overcame his shock and grinned at me, causing my confidence to waiver. I watched him move towards Lucien, which caused my phoenix and other side to launch forward and as both sides reached the forefront, I screamed, "DO NOT TOUCH HIM!!!"

My scream caused him to look up and see the cause of the change in my voice. What he saw made him freeze. I would know, as it made me freeze to. Looking into the mirror hanging in the doorway to my right, I saw what I didn't want to see. My pale complexion was covered with black veins, I looked down to see them covering my arms as well. When I looked back to the mirror, I saw that my eyes weren't the cool blue they always were. No, these eyes were taken over by both of my powers. My phoenix powers and my demon powers. I could see too that my lips weren't their usual ruby red but a dark purple.

I looked back at the man who I screamed at, closed my eyes, and felt myself calm down. I opened my eyes and said to him, "Do you give me your word that you will not hurt my mate?" I don't know why I suddenly start to trust this man, but I do.

He looks me over with concern and says, "I do, child. I have no real cause to hurt my nephew."

I felt my eyes widen in shock and my jaw go slack. What the actual fuck?!?! 

He smiled broadly and says to me as he picks up Lucien, "He didn't mention his uncles and aunts now did he?" I shook my head. He sighs. "I didn't think so. He probably wanted you to be comfortable around him before he told you. How much did he tell you?"

"Nothing," I replied, looking to the floor and feeling stupid. Why didn't I ask him? Would he have told me? How much do I really want to know?

These questions whirled in my head and when I looked back at the man, he smiled at me sympathetically. "Our family is in a difficult position at the moment. I heard there was big news coming from-... Lucien's home and came racing here." He suddenly went quiet and avoided my eyes. I pursed my lips and glared at him, which seemed to have an effect this time. 

"When will Lucien wake up," I said through gritted teeth. He blushed slightly and said, "When I choose."

My last nerve snapped. "THEN WAKE HIM UP! I'VE HAD IT WITH MEN COMING INTO MY LIFE KEEPING SECRETS FROM ME! I WANT ANSWERS, AND IF YOU'RE NOT THE PERSON TO GIVE THEM TO ME, THEN BRING ME THE PERSON WHO CAN!!!"

My voice rose an octave and the male looked scared and he snapped his fingers. I closed in on him, waiting for him to say something, anything that would make my day. I could feel blue flames sprout from my arms, but I didn't care, and I saw that he noticed them too. Then suddenly an arm came over my shoulder and I relaxed all over. I turned around and saw Lucien standing behind me, looking me over with concern. I noticed the man sigh in relief. I turned back to him and gritted, "Don't you dare get comfortable. You are going to explain why that happened to Lucien and why I'm not getting answers." I glared at the both of them and saw them both gulp.

The man stood up, shaking off his fear like it was a second coat and said, "W-well, first things first. Introductions," he looked uncertainly at me. I sighed, stuck out my hand and said, "Raven Black, alpha of the FirePhoenix Clan, mate of Lucien's. And you are?"

The male smiled and said, "Pleasure to meet you, mate of Lucien. I am Gabriel, uncle of Lucien, Archangel of the Lord."

I noticed Lucien stiffen beside him and curse under is breath. And then it clicked.

Demons don't have family who are archangels. There was only one who did. He fell from Grace. The brightest star that fell so long ago. I remember my mother telling me that story so long ago.

Flashback:

I used to be an angel, with two broken feathered wings,
Fell down from heaven crying, lost every single thing.
I'm just a prideful angel, who refuses to bow down,
To you lesser creations, before my Father's crown.

Now I'm a fallen angel, with eyes so full of pride,
down to Earth I fell, and even deeper I seek to hide.
I'm just a fallen angel, with eyes so full of tears.

I'm just a bitter angel, lost the light I used to be,
Light bearer, Morning Star, the names they used for me.
I'm just a vengeful angel, confused and out of place,
Losing who I used to be, when I was expelled from Heaven's grace.

Now I'm no longer an angel, no longer of the light,
instead I lie await in shadows, a horror of the night.
Now no longer an angel, no longer shedding tears,
I am Lucifer, Fallen Angel, embodiment of your fears

The angel who rebelled against Heaven and fell. He committed the greatest crime and rebelled against his Creator, his father. I looked at Lucien, who was looking at me, waiting for my reaction. He moved towards me and pulled me by my hips towards him. "C'mon darling. It's piecing two and two together. Not that hard." 

I looked up at him, feeling betrayed, hurt. "Why didn't you tell me?" 

He cursed and pulled away. "I didn't want to ruin our time together by saying anything about my dysfunctional family. I couldn't just walk up to you like 'hello, mate. Time to spend time, getting to know each other before spending eternity together. Oh, by the way, my father was the first angel to rebel against Heaven, dragging eight other angels down to the horrifying place now known as Hell, where I was, by the way, born and raised." He raised a brow at me and I just stared at him. He sighed, slumping his shoulders, looking defeated. "I just wanted to spend some time making happy memories with you before I dumped all this on you." 

I picked his chin up so he would look at me. "Well, Lucien, son of Lucifer. You are my mate, created for me as I was for you. We are only getting to know each other. I don't think we should start our relationship with lies or secrets, should we?"

He smiled softly, and nodded. Gabriel looked back and forth between the couple, and muttered "I never thought my despicable brother could create the mate of a phoenix crossed with a demon."

Lucien looked at Gabriel like he had forgotten he was there and looked at me in surprise. "Uncle Gabriel, how-wh-you know what her other side is?"

Gabriel shook his head and said to his nephew, "I think you should sit down. I'm going to tell you the story that should have been told to you by your father."

"What's the story about?" Lucien questioned cautiously. 

Gabriel looked grim as he said, "Your mother."

***

Well, that's my update for the week! Let me know what you all think. Comment, vote, follow. Could really do with advice on what I should improve on.

Thanks guys xoxo