{Chapter 6}

Moral: "Life takes you to unexpected places. Love brings you back home." ~ Melissa McClone

The next morning, Lyric awoke with a jolt. She confusedly hugged the soft blankets and pounced off the bed as though it was acidic in nature. As a Rogue, waking up in a luxurious bedroom was highly abnormal. Suddenly, all the memories of the day before came back to her.

She moved to sit at the windowsill to see what life in this Pack was like. Her fingers played with the small rays of sunlight dancing into the room. Many wolves were outside heading off to their various aspects of work. Packs were like little villages. Lyric rubbed her eyes and stretched before heading off to the bathroom to refresh herself for the long day ahead.

Chase was already up and had taken it upon himself to fix his mate's breakfast. He carefully tread up the stairs and knocked once. She opened the door and was surprised to find him there. She was wearing a long sleeved purple and blue plaid shirt and a pair of grey denim jeans. Her curls were messy.

"Morning Chase," she mumbled, not fond of mornings. Her voice was intimidating but sexy as hell to Chase. "Good morning Lyric," He responded with a smug smirk on his face. "Lyric? Who in the name of the Moon Goddess is Lyric?" she asked with a questioning tone and raised eyebrow. His smirk dropped and he sighed in exasperation, placing the breakfast tray on her dresser. 

"What is your name then? Else I might have to address you as Mate," he smirked once more. She rolled her eyes and glared menacingly at him. He was fully aware that he was pushing it. Chase put his hand out for a handshake with a genuine smile on his face.

He was determined to win her over. He believed that if the Moon Goddess makes polar opposite wolves Mates, there must be a valid reason.

"Chase Arden, son of the Alpha of the Eclipse Ray Pack." She placed her hand in his large warm one, shaking it firmly. This created an effect similar to an addictive electric spark. It was surprising that this was their first touch. Usually, mates would not keep their hands off one another when they met. But they were not usual Mates. "Lyric, the Shadow Rogue" she stated simply.

Lyric removed her hand from his and kept her face passive. Chase frowned, longing for the touch of her calloused yet somehow soft hands. She did not touch the pancakes or fried eggs but drank the glass of orange juice.

"Today, you're going to meet all the Pack members individually and I'll show you around Territory," Chase told her. Lyric nodded. "My specialty," she grumbled sarcastically to herself as he guided her down the staircase, "socializing."

Chase guided her outside and then spoke with the confidence of a true Alpha, "Welcome to the Eclipse Ray Pack! We have a population of eighty members; one Alpha and one Luna, one future Alpha." He made an elaborate gesture toward himself before continuing, "Seventeen Betas (Male, Female and children), thirty-five Gamas, nine Guardians (high-ranking Gamas), ten Sanctuaries (doctors for wolves) and six Omegas. We're actually deemed as the most generous Pack."

Lyric could not keep her eyes off the garden. It was so much more beautiful in the day, filled with flowers of various hues and butterflies fluttering their wings. The grassy areas seemed like a heaven on Earth to just shift and sprint. The pool was lucid and cool.

The Pack House was built with stone walls and had a structural architecture similar to a castle. There were many balconies and rooms. In short, the Eclipse Pack Manor looked like a castle from a movie.

As Chase spoke, he led her to the working offices where the alliance Packs and enemy Packs' activities were recorded, along with Pack information and other valuable data. Lyric noted that all buildings in the Pack had a similar design to the Pack House. "Would your father allow me in here?" Lyric asked skeptically.

Chase gestured inside where Alpha Harry was buried in paperwork. He lifted his head and stood to acknowledge Chase and Lyric's presence. She was observing and absorbing everything told to her. Although she would never admit, it was solely Chase's voice that made her pay attention.

"Alpha Harry Arden of the Eclipse Ray Pack. Pleasure to have you, dear." His tone was fatherly which was understandable as he was the father figure of the Pack. "I'm Lyric. I'll also assure you I will not cause any harm to your Eclipsers," she responded respectfully. "And for some reason, I don't doubt that," Harry commented.

Chase then showed her the Betas' office which was mostly like an area to relax after training. The Betas had the responsibility of training the Gamas and Guardians in combat and the elder Betas had some paperwork. Suspicious glares were thrown Lyric's way.

"Hey!" Guardian Samuel rose, embracing Chase and giving Lyric a firm handshake. "This is Samuel a.k.a. Sammy. He and Jace work as Head Guardians." Jace was staring at Lyric as though she breathed fire. "Samuel seems more amiable than his friend there," Lyric muttered, sticking a thumb in Jace's direction.

Beta Will and Beta Female Talia, as soon as they caught sight of Lyric, hurried toward her. Talia embraced her as the couple both looked at her with grateful eyes, "I'm sorry we didn't say this sooner. Thank you so much. I'm forever grateful for you saving my precious Hope. Is there anything we could do for you?"

"No, it was my duty so I don't want anything. Thanks for the offer though," Lyric's words were polite but her voice lacked emotion - something that Chase realized was usual. "Actually," Lyric began thoughtfully, "please stop your Betas from acting like I have three heads." She said the latter part loudly so those who were staring stopped instantly.

Chase and Lyric were walking through the grassy fields of the Territory with the wind blowing gently through their hair and the sun beaming its radiance down on them. Then, it happened. Their hands brushed together unintentionally and the sparks flew, making Chase almost grab her hand. His cheeks tinged a soft red hue. He might have been the son of an Alpha yet he was slightly shy, especially toward his mate.

Lyric did like the feeling but she instinctively pulled her hand away. Avoiding his small glances at her, she distracted herself by staring at the picturesque gardens and nature of the Territory.

Pushing open the door of the Pack Infirmary, Chase grinned broadly, "This is our Pack Infirmary and our head Sanctuary is Roxanne Arden, my cousin."

"I heard my name!" a woman of about Lyric's age chirped. Roxanne had dark brown hair just like Alpha Harry. She turned to Lyric with a large smile, "Lovely to meet you! I think you'll be a fabulous Luna!" Lyric felt overwhelmed by Roxanne's cheeriness.

If you have the faintest idea about Lyric, it was that she wasn't all 'pink and rainbows'. She knew the type of place the world was. It would gladly beat you down to your knees and destroy every inch of you.

-Nightthinker ©||2017