{Chapter 4}

Moral: "You can never cross the ocean unless you have the courage to lose sight of shore" ~ Christopher Columbus

"Silence!" The Alpha's voice boomed above all. He looked at the Rogue properly and sighed. She pushed Jace back and strongly glared at him. "What happened exactly? How did all this start?" asked the Alpha.

"Hope and I were just going to the Manor for dinner. Zack just suddenly appeared and grabbed Hope's arm and... unzipped her dress. I'm so sorry but I couldn't stop him. He had a dagger," Felicity explained quietly. The Alpha's eyes grew with fury, "It's not your fault, Felicity. I won't spare him!" He nodded reassuringly to young Hope who just stopped crying after realizing her cousin found his Mate who was her saviour.

The Rogue voiced her thoughts, "Your security system is very weak actually. The prison was way too easy to escape. Also in many Packs, both guys and girls of age ten and over can defend themselves in some way. Eclipse Ray would be destroyed if there's a fight. You should consider some serious training."

"We'll consider that when you're thrown back into the prison," Jace snorted. "Just because you didn't ask doesn't mean you didn't need to be told," the Rogue replied effortlessly. Chase let out a choked laugh which oh so smoothly turned into a coughing fit. He blushed under her curious gaze. His wolf instincts were delightful at the dominance of his Mate.

Chase hugged Hope in a brotherly manner and kissed her forehead. "I'm glad you're okay," he told her. "I am. I think she's a good person," Hope admitted, "Your mate. She did save me when she could've saved herself instead. I mean, she escaped from our prison and if caught, she'd be in hot water."

"I think she's a good person," Chase spoke as he looked in pleadingly to his Pack, "The Moon Goddess made our match. Please don't disrespect that. I understand that you all might be highly worried for your security with her around but I think she'd be a good Luna." "That's like saying the devil is pure of heart," Jace grumbled.

"Even the devil was once an angel," she stated. The Shadow Rogue folded her arms, "Wait, I don't even want to stay here." Jace's eyes widened, "Please tell me that you all aren't actually considering-" "I say yes," Hope advised, ignoring Jace. Felicity put her hand on Hope's shoulder and nodded.

The Pack members felt skeptical but one by one agreed. She was quite cunning and manipulative after all. At the same time, they did not want to be the reason Chase suffer the pain of separation and the loss of such irreplaceable love. 

"Alright, because the Pack is fine with it, we're giving you two months. Within those months, you and Chase can get to know each other. Then we can decide if you can be accepted as the future Luna," Alpha Harry decided.

Her eyes widened, unsure if to be thankful or sorrowful. Chase turned to the Pack, "Yes, she is the Shadow Rogue but she saved Hope when she could have escaped for herself." Almost every Pack member seemed somewhat satisfied with Chase's response. His eyes had alighted with joy.

Alpha Harry and Luna Evelyn stepped forward, "Welcome to the Eclipse Ray Pack. I do hope you enjoy your stay." She gave a respectful bow with the thought, 'These people are too kindhearted.'

By this time, the darkness had fully bathed the Territory in an eerie silvery light from the moon. "C'mon, dinner's getting cold," Luna Evelyn declared in a motherly tone, beckoning everyone inside.

Chase, trying to woo his mate, put his hand out for her to take it. She simply ignored the sweet gesture, continuing her scowl. She was brought to the elegant dining room where there were actually seven tables with twelve chairs each. Chase pulled out his mate's chair for her. Again, being unbelievably sweet.

She sat down without a word. This was the first time in years she was going to have a meal with a Pack as equals. The six Omegas immediately came bustling in with trays and bowls of steaming hot food. The scent almost made drool escape the lips of some hungry wolves, mainly hers.

The Shadow Rogue had never tasted such delicacies in her life but faintly remembered trying to cook some of them. The varieties of food were cooked to perfection. It was only when she took her first bite that she realized how absolutely starving she was!

She took a little vegetables and nibbled on them cautiously. Chase was discreetly observing her every movement. He placed a slice of grilled steak in her plate and before she could protest, he told her to have it. She nodded thankfully. Many wolves looked at her strangely before turning around and whispering, making her discomfort in the room grow.

Abruptly, she slammed her cutlery on the table and whirled around, glaring at the group of females who were staring at her shamelessly. It was comical how one of them gave a shrill squawk and almost landed in the other she-wolf's lap.

She got up to leave the dining room. "Rogue, where are you going?" Jace shouted accusingly. "I've got your nose," she teased, waving a finger, "It's in my fucking business." The choked laughter of the wolves made her give herself an internal pat on the back while walking outside.

She wandered into the gardens, looking up at the radiant moon. "Chase Arden," she tested his name in a whisper. "Oh why this? Why now?" she questioned with a defeated tone, "I can't do this anymore." She simply sat in silence. The natural picturesque environments aided her thoughts and emotions in calming.

A small flick was heard and the lights lit up the garden. There were lamps, lanterns and even Christmas lights around trees. She looked around in awe. "Hello," Chase greeted, giving an awkward but adorable wave. "Hey," she responded flatly, "I'm not planning a murder yet. Don't worry."

"I wasn't worried," he smiled at her. "Oh but your family was," she responded. "Um, I realized how uncomfortable it must have been for you to eat there so I brought your food..." he trailed off. She nodded gratefully and accepted the plate, stabbing the piece of steak with her fork. She lost her interested in eating.

Chase looked at her intently, noting that her eyes were not pure blue but had flecks of mysterious grey blended in beautifully. Her nose was also slightly crooked but somehow it added to enhance her beauty. She fidgeted in discomfort under his gaze.

-Nightthinker ©||2017