Chapter 16: Smoke Up

The group walks down the dark path, only light coming from their flashlights as they walk through the industrial part.

"I really think we should talk about it, he needs a proper burial" Zoey mentions.

"Zoeey" Francis says, the rain slowing down,"people die, that's the way it is now. That's the world we live in".

"But..."

"No buts" Francis turns to her,"Louis was a brave man. Same can be said about Keith, & the rest of the poor bastards".

Bill raises his gun,"I don't think we're alone" staring ahead at an empty small building.

Zoey raises hers,"I'm tired of these fuckers" staring ahead, waiting for something to appear.

Francis points his gun, something popping out of one of the windows of the building, grabbing his waist,"SMOKER".

Bill points his rifle shooting at the long tongue as it starts dragging Francis away, infected starts popping out from behind the abandoned house.

Zoey watches the Smoker let go, a horde of infected coming their way,"where the hell are they coming from?"

Bill helps Francis to his feet,"get off your ass & on your feet".

Francis looks at Bill,"if I wasn't....."

Zoey interrupts,"guys, I think we're in trouble" she starts spreading bullets, aiming at the running infected.

Bill looks on, then hears a loud roar behind them,"uh oh".

Francis turns his head quickly, watching a tank run towards them with his small head & gigantic arms.

Bill all of a sudden trips, the smoker grabbing him by it's tongue dragging him to the infected.

"BILL" Zoey yells, shooting more infected, running towards the war veteran.

Francis starts shooting the Tank as it gets closer & closer to them with each step it takes.

Bill loses his gun just as Zoey jumps grabbing his hand, trying to pull him her way as the infected jump at Zoey, she pushes a couple of her aiming, shooting directly at their heads.

Bill feels a couple of them bite him, luckily he's immune, as his head crashes into the house, getting pulled upside down.

Francis runs away from the Tank looking for something to really defend himself with.

Zoey quickly runs into the house, only to run right into a witch,"oh shit".

The witch starts screaming running at her with her long claws, Zoey watches her slash her shirt cutting her. Zoey hits the witch with the butt of her gun, aims at her head pulling the trigger.

Bill watches as the Smoker pulls him in, then starts attacking the war veteran just as Bill turns around, then grabs the Smokers head and twists it, breaking his neck.

Zoey runs into the upstairs bedroom, staring at a dead Smoker on top of Bill,"I see you can handle yourself quiet well".

"After years defending this country" Bill coughs with all the green smoke coming from the Smoker,"what else would you expect?"

"Where's Francis?" Zoey asks.

Francis slowly gets to his feet, after being thrown around by the huge Tank,"give me your best shot".

The Tank then swings his arm, hitting Francis as his body goes flying through the air landing in the nearby lake, his body slowly going down to the bottom of the lake.

Bill stares out the window hearing another roar through the night air,"there's our problem, another pencil eraser".

Zoey reloads her gun, giving Bill his rifle back,"then lets go kick some ass".

Bill lights up a smoke,"don't forget about Francis".

"He's tough as nails" Zoey looks over at Bill,"what are you doing?"

Bill pours something into a glass bottle, then puts a small piece of clothing in it,"I say we just set the bastard on fire" turning to Zoey,"eh?" He takes a drag from his cigarette, putting it out as he patches up his bites.

Zoey nods,"for Louis?".

Bill looks to her,"for Louis".