Chapter 29: Invisible Shooter

Zoey jumps into the boat, looking around the inside of the small boat, a smile crossing her face,"I think I just found my way out of here", pushing a dead body into the water that was left there.

"Zoey?" Francis comes out of the woods, into the clearing as he stares at the boat, with Zoey in it. Bill follows after him.

"Bill? Francis?" Zoey says, thinking they were dead,"what....how'd you.."

"Heard the horn" Francis mentions, as he jumps into it.

"I take it your not mad at us then?" Zoey asks him, as she goes over to the steering wheel, trying it out.

"That's an understatement" Francis says,"so it wasn't you?"

"Wasn't me?" She looks up at him.

"The horn" Bill speaks, as he looks around,"I don't think we're alone".

"Story of our lives" Francis takes out his pistol, looking around.

"Oww" Bill screams out, as he drops to the ground, his left leg starts to bleed as he then

 Francis then turns, looking around into the woods, "COME ON OUT!!!"

Zoey stands there by the steering wheel, ready for anything, at least trying to look like it. Fear in her eyes, just as another shot is heard.

Bill's other leg got shot at, as he holds it yelling out in pain as Francis hops out of the boat going over to his old friend,"I got ya bud, don't worry".

Bill looks at him, as he hears footsteps somewhere. The footsteps growing louder each time,"brace yourself, lad", the pain in both of his legs hurting like a bitch as Francis tears off pieces of clothing from his shirt, and tries to put pressure to his wounds.

Francis points his gun into the woods, as he yells out"we're on the fucking same side here".

Bill gets helped up by Francis, as he leans against a tree looking into the trees, as he bends over checking on his wounds,"one of the bullets went through, the other" he cries out in pain.

"We'll get you to safety" Zoey runs over to Bill, helping him back to his feet looking at him,"you'll be just...."

A third shot is heard, Francis looking around for the target. As soon as he turns around, looking back over at Zoey and Bill, Zoey's body drops right in front of them. Blood in the back of her head as her lifeless body lays there, almost like a dummy.