Chapter 14: It's Showtime

Keith hears more screaming in the distance. Then silence. The room he's in smells of dead bodies, & reeks of piss.

The door swings open, Aaron appears in the doorway carrying syringe in one hand, and a coffee in the other.

"Ah, your awake" Aaron says.

"Why don't you just, just let me go" Keith says, now sweating like a pig,"we're all on the same side here".

Aaron puts some greenish liquid into the syringe,"I'm trying to save our species" he looks to Keith,"I'm not going to lie, it comes with some sacrifices sometimes".

Keith tries once more to get his hands free,"what are you doing?" staring at the green liquid Aaron squeezes into the syringe.

"Just call it, evolution. I've been experimenting with it, trying to change it" Aaron looks to his latest victim with a smile,"one day you'll thank me".

Keith just stares up at the evil scientist,"what the hell are you going to inject me with? Sperm?"

Aaron chuckles connecting a needle to the syringe looking back to the kid,"I'm going to give your friends a little suprise".

"What friends?"

"The ones you were with" Aaron comes closer with the needle,"an outbreak like this, was inevitable. Humans, for years has been testing on the dead in undisclosed locations."

"That doesn't explain what that is" Keith stares at the man, a serious look in his eyes

"We captured blood from one of those big guys, & I played with it a little" Aaron sticks the needle into Keith's neck, hearing the kid let out a scream,"and once you've fully mutated, we're going to give your friends a gift" he smiles.

Keith looks up at him,"go to hell" then drops his head, feeling the virus take effect.

"We're already in hell, my friend" he turns around, looking at a couple of his men,"any info on the survivors?"

"A chopper crashed just outside the city" one of the men tell him,"they should be easy to find".

Aaron turns back to the lifeless body of Keith,"good. Once he's fully mutated, take him to riverside" turning back to his men with an evil smile,"it's showtime".