Chapter 4: Survivor 101

"We can take the subway tunnels to the hospital. There's a redline station not far from here." Bill tells his allies.

"Sounds good" Louis says, he reloads his gun.

Francis kicks in the door that lead to the roof, going first as he tells them," watch out".

"Everyone take one" Bill tells them, as he notices a few flashlights on the table in the middle of the roof.

"This must have been an evacuation site" Zoey tells them, taking a flashlight hooking it to her gun.

Louis does the same, noticing Francis going on ahead," this isn't a race, you know?"

Francis shoots an infected at the bottom of the staircase, as he yells up at the roof," you guys are missin out".

Bill follows after Francis, as they turn left leading into a kitchen. Bill spots a couple infected standing around as he aims, then pulls the trigger as he shoots them directly in the head, turning to Francis," two for me, one for you".

Francis smirks," so this is a competition after all".

Louis picks up a gun from a dead guy near the kitchen sink, staring at the machine gun hooking on the flashlight," nice".

"Do you even know how to use that thing?" Francis asks him.

Bill looks through the dead guy's pockets, then takes out what looks like a pipebomb," this guy was definitly prepared" and stuffs it inside his jacket pocket.

"Was that what I think it was?" Zoey asks, staring at Bill.

"A pipebomb. The ticking on the bomb could lure the infected in, then once their close enough, BOOM" Bill explains to her.

"Let's get going" Francis goes on ahead, turning left down the hallway," careful, they could pop out from anywhere."

"The hell was that?" Louis asks, as a cough was heard, and a moan in the distance. He shines his light down the naked corridor, then screams as something grabs him around his body, dragging him in.

Francis runs up to the thing, spitting out green smoke as he aims his shotgun at the head of it, blowing his brains all over the walls, then he coughs abit from the green mist," mise well call that one a smoker".

Louis drops down, as he quickly gets back up grabbing his gun," thanks, do I owe you one?" 

"Sure" Francis nods to Louis, as he leads the group down another set of stairs leading to the outside finally.

"We're clear?" Louis looks around, excited.

"Not give your hopes up just yet" Bill tells him, reloading his rifle," we're not safe till we're behind closed doors. Preferrably steel doors".

The group slowly walks down the alleyway, then takes a left turn as no other infected are spotted nearby, just as Zoey asks," so I take it we're all immune to this thing? Explains why we're not dead yet".

"How can all of us be immune to it? Isn't it a blood thing?" Francis asks.

"Wait" Bill stops the group, as he aims his flashlight down the alleyway a ways, as he looks at a very fat thing, staring at them making weird noises," told ya their evolving."

"Do we shoot it in the head?" Zoey asks, getting out her gun.

Francis watches as the thing inches closer to them," watch it go BOOM" just then Francis shoots it in the stomach, as green goo flies everywhere.

Louis gets some goo on his suit," hey man, a warning would be nice".

"Subway station should be around the corner" Zoey tells them," I think".

Francis leads the group down an empty street, then stares ahead at the subway station," there she is, we're almost there already".

"Where is all the infected at?" Zoey asks them," I'm suprised it's this clear".

"Sshhh" Bill quiets the group, hearing a noise in the dark, then turns around quickly as something leaps from one of the buildings, he then rushes the group," let's run for it".

Francis is the first to react, and starts running to their destination, with the others following close behind with something chasing them. They pass by abandoned cars and a couple of infected. 

Louis takes a peek behind, just as the thing leaps on him and he yells out for help," HELP ME" as he stares up at it's red eyes.

Bill quickly turns around, and aims his rifle at it as he blasts it in the arm, he watches it tumble off of  Louis, he aims then shoots the thing in the head, watching it slowly die away. 

"You still got alot to learn about survivor 101 kid" Bill turns to Louis," let's catch up with the others".

Bill runs close behind Louis, as they run down the staircase leading to the subway station. They spot the other two up ahead, they run towards them then close the door behind them, looking around.

"What is this place?" Louis asks the group.

"A safe spot so we can rest ourselves" Bill looks around," looks like an office place."

"We may be inviincible to those things out there, but they can still rip us to shreds" Francis tells the group, as he looks down at a man, ripped apart by something. His body limbs are spread everywhere as he covers his nose from the smell.