Chapter 22: Sleepovers

A/N: Hey so, i actually have a song to go with this and Maxine suggested it so.. it's The paper kites - bloom and holy wow omg

Alex's pov:

It's been 5 weeks since Sherlock and Jim came back. Natalie's gone to Ireland because one of her cousins is getting married. Maxine's got a new companion, Greg. No, no, not Greg Lestrade, this Gregory was an art teacher that taught at the school in which Sherlock was educated, funny that. Sherlock and I have been making up for lost time, as well as Jim and I. I've occasionally heard from John. Sherlock went to see him and everything's okay between them. So Sherlock says..

Our little 221-Family decided we were going to have a sleepover thing. Mrs Hudson was having a girl's night out with her friends and so she left Sherlock and I in charge. If it were me to decide, I wouldn't chose either of us.

Sherlock was lazily slouching on the lounge and my head was on one arm of the lounge and my feet were rested on the other. He was absent-mindedly playing with my hair while concentrating on nothing in particular. I was reading "The Book Thief". I was just finishing it when Sherlock quietly mumbled:
"They all die, don't they? Even Liesel". He was referring to my book.

"Yep. You're a smart cookie, darling" I reply to him closing my book. I sighed in exhaustion of finishing it.

"How long until the people arrive?" He asked, I looked up and I saw his look of concentration fixed on the wall.

"Should be here soon. Nat's probably not going to be able to make it. She's coming back from Dungannon tonight so I highly doubt she'll arrive in time. Jim's coming, I promise he'll behave. Maxine and Greg are coming- NO, not Lestrade. John and Mary can't come because they're on their little dinner date. I can invite Mycroft if you want" I told him.

"No, not Mycroft, he's annoying" He stated.

"Okay. Well then they should be here soon" I reply, as he rose to go to the kitchen.

"Alex, how long did John have the.. the thing?" Sherlock asked, drawing a pretend moustache with his finger on his on face.

"'Bout a.. year? I tried to ignore it. It looked like a ferret or something died on his face," I erupted with laughter as did Sherlock. I got up and went to the kitchen as well. I rested my forearms on the bench. "I'm so glad you're back".

He smirked and turned to me. "What did you do? While I was gone?".

"Mourned.. Fell into depression.. Cried.. Lost sleep.. Thought about you.. Wore your coat. Not much" I reply. He turned and gave me an uncertain look.

"You cared that I was gone?" He said.

"Of course I cared, everyone cared! John, Mrs Hudson, Lestrade, Maxine, Natalie, Molly, Mycroft, we ALL cared!!," I say quite blatantly to him. "You mattered to me, Sherlock Holmes, you mattered a great deal! You still matter! I considered doing what you did sometimes. Some days at work I went to the top of the building and Molly or.. Lestrade had to get me down..," I explained heading back over to the loungeroom. I went and sat on the couch and rested my head in my hands. "How could you think you don't matter, Sherlock?". He didn't reply.

"Alex, I am truly sorry for all the pain I have caused you. Please, forgive me" Sherlock mumbled after a while.

"Of course, Sherlock," I reply and he pulls me into a soft hug, resting his chin on the top of my head. "I love you".

"Love me, that's all I ask of you" Sherlock sang with a chuckle. Someone knocked at the door and Sherlock ran towards his room.

"Sherlock, what ARE you doing?!" I whispered in a harsh tone.