Chapter 17: My Mr Darcy.

Hey children :)

2.7K reads, my love you are precious I actually thought this wouldn't get any reads at all but heuuuuuh looook at teh reaaaads :DD dey're sah bootiful <3

John's pov:

She'd been in the hospital for 2 weeks now. Sherlock would come every day. Bringing a red rose. Around it; a piece of black lace. He would sit by her bedside. He's actually told the nurse that he's Alex's boyfriend just so he could stay. It's.. Friday today? And Sherlock and I had come in, Sherlock proudly carrying a bouquet of red roses with a big black ribbon tied in a bow to keep them together. We'd received news that Alex had woken up. Maxine and Natalie had come earlier, Mrs Hudson came a little after them and we've come in the afternoon. I don't know if they'll let that psychopath that she calls "brother" in but I sure as hell hope they don't. Sherlock knocks gingerly on the door and opens it. We enter the room to see Alex, looking almost asleep, smiling weakly at us. Sherlock quickly walks over to her, putting his flowers in the vase next to her bed and sitting in the chair directly beside her.

"Good afternoon, love" Sherlock smiled hopefully, taking her hand in his.

Wait. Did he just call her "love"? Yes he did. He's been treating her so affectionately and having such compassion towards her you'd think Mrs Hudson's swapped her soul for his!

Alex smiled weakly but warmly to him and squeezed his hand gently. "Hi John" She greeted me, putting a fair amount of effort into her smile.

"Hey girl, hey" I replied in a soft voice to her, walking around to her other side and raising my eyebrows along with my smile. She laughed, as weakly as she smiled and she slowly turned to Sherlock.

"Anything exciting happen while I was away?" She asked softly, smirking slightly.

"Well not really...Nothing exciting happens when you're not around" Sherlock replied lightly, a small smile tugging at his lips. Alex smiled in gratitude and sighed heavily.

"I hate the noise of these. Bloody menace. 3 o'clock in the bloody morning 'BEEP BEEP BEEP WOOOOOP WOOOOOP whhhHOOOOOSH whhhHOOOOOSH' it sounds like the bloody TARDIS!" She explained in a weak, croaky voice.

I laughed and shook my head. "Have they fixed your hand?" I asked gesturing to it. She nodded and raised it, showing it all bandaged up, I smiled.

"Has your psychopath come to visit you?" Sherlock asked, giving her a non-chalant look. I gave him a stern glare, he may have shot her but he's still her brother. Sherlock needs to be a little more sensitive.

"Not yet, I think he's coming later though" She replied softly, gently twitching her fingers. I nodded but Sherlock was stern.

"Alex, I'll bring your laptop and iPod around later, okay? When the nutcase isn't with me" I whispered in her ear. She giggled slightly and nodded and she mouthed 'okay' and waved goodbye with her good hand.

"Goodbye Alex, get well" Sherlock mumbled as he stood up and straightened his coat. Alex saluted him and rolled over.

"Come on, we need to let her sleep," I mumbled to him as I put a hand on his shoulder. He turned sharply and left the room. I put a hand on Alex's arm and whispered "I'll be back soon, sweetheart, try and have a sleep while we're gone" and Alex nodded but didn't say anything. When I turned to Sherlock the way he looked at Alex reminded me of the way Mr Darcy looked at Elizabeth from Pride and Prejudice. I was at Maxine's flat and it was on the tv so I decided to watch it and I somehow convinced Maxine to watch it with me.

Just the way that he watched her with worry, I could tell he had feelings for her. I know, Sherlock seems pretty heartless but.. Just the way he looks at her sometimes, it's adorable.