Chapter 18: Birthday surprises

Okay, guys, I am getting close to 3K, if I get 3K, I'll probably cry and tell you all about it. Okay so, Alex's birthday is the same day as my own (23rd of December) and so that means it's 2 days before Christmas. I'll try and post the birthday chapter then maybe leave a space of two days or so? Or otherwise I'll try and post them together!

-2 months later-
Alex's POV:

I was rudely woken up by the sound of my door being kicked in and what seemed to be a parade. Maybe it's someone's...birthday...

"Happy birthday to you, happy birthday to you, happy birthday dear Alex, happy birthday to you!" I was serenaded by Maxine, Natalie, John, Mrs Hudson and Sherlock, who was playing the instrumental on his violin.

"You're cake will be out on the table" John remarked leaving the room, the others following him. I got up sluggishly, in my old Champion pyjama shirt and red pants. I meandered out to kitchen to find the five sitting at the table, grinning at me, presents in front of them. I sat in the seat next to Sherlock and smiled softly at him.

"Happy birthday, love" Sherlock whispered in my ear as the others fussed about.

"Thanks" I replied, looking down at my hands and smiling. He called me 'love'. Ever since I was in hospital and ever since I got out, he's been calling me affectionate name such as: love, darling, sweetheart, dear.. It's a little odd but it's cute.

"Time to cut the cake, love!" Mrs Hudson beamed, her cheery smile making me feel happy about being woken up early. May I just mention how much of an unspoken hero Mrs Hudson is? Mrs Hudson puts up with US. She needs to get an award! Mrs Hudson is FABULOUS.

I picked up the knife and sliced the cake. As I pulled it out, it was covered in cake. "Ooooh, if the knife comes out dirty, you have to kiss the nearest boy!!" Natalie jeered, smirking. I looked to my right. Of course. Sherlock was there. I gave him a look and he kissed me on the cheek. Everyone 'ooh'ed and 'aw'ed at Sherlock's affection and I think I may have blushed because Maxine and Natalie started laughing.

"Alright, time for presents!" John exclaimed. I got a stockpile of presents in front of me and I didn't know which one to open first! I picked a large bag from the side that had a Batman logo on either side. That's from Natalie. I peered inside the bag to find figurines of Loki, Batman and the 10th Doctor I laughed and gave her a hug in thanks.

I chose one that was close to the front and it was wrapped in wrapping paper that had prints of the Little Mermaid on it. This was Maxine's for sure. I carefully opened it and found some new earrings and bracelets.

Next was a fairly large present wrapped in red. I think this is from Mrs Hudson. I opened it to find a Christmas sweater! Aw, it has a reindeer on it! I gave Mrs Hudson a hug and I slipped into the sweater.

The next present was a card that contained a book voucher for the Archive bookstore. I can tell it's from John by his scrawls.

And.. the last one. It was a box of some sort. It was neatly wrapped in black paper that had silver specks on it and a silvery bow on it. I'm assuming it's from Sherlock. I opened it to find a smallish brown cardboard box. On the top it said "Open me". So I did. I found two boxes, one a little bit bigger than the other. I opened the larger one first. It had a necklace with a rose gold heart pendant on it. I pulled out the smaller box and opened it to find a ring that had an onyx stone with white cubic zirconias around the stone. I slipped it on and it was the perfect size!

"Oh.. Sherlock" I sighed to him, "they're beautiful!" I exclaimed, putting them on.

"I have another present for you, but it's to be given later on in the day when you've cleaned yourself up" He remarked.

"Always straight out" I laughed, ruffling his curls as I got up. I slipped my jewellery off and hopped into a shower. I blow-dried and curled my hair, putting it in a loose ponytail and tying a black bow around the hairband. I got changed into black jeans and my cobalt blue dress shirt. I walked out, putting my jewellery back on and smiling at Sherlock as he watched contently.

"You look so beautiful, so very beautiful, like a queen in a book" He sang, smirking. I curtseyed and nicked a bit of the cake before Sherlock linked his arm in my own.

He lead me down the stairs and then opened the door of the cab for me. I stepped in and sat on the furthest side of the cab and Sherlock hopped in after. The whole ride, he held my hand, again, not seeming to know. "Sherlock, where are we going?" I asked in a stressed voice. He smirked and looked out the window. I growled and pulled out my phone. I have a text from a John.

'John Watson:

Anywhere you go, he will go too. Love him, that's all he asks of you xx'

Oh.. SHERLOCK. He hopped out of the cab and put a hand out for me to take. He lead me into the Royal Albert Hall and took us to our seats. He pulled out a program and handed it to me. "I've had it signed and you get to meet the cast afterwards. Happy birthday, sweetheart" Sherlock whispered to me.

"Sherlock Holmes, I love you, deeply and forever" I sighed to him, kissing him on the lips quickly. I looked through the program. "RAMIN KARIMLOO, SIERRA BOGGESS AND HADLEY FRASER?!!," I exclaimed to him. He smirked at his cleverness. "And I get to meet them?".

"Indeed" He replied, looking around the hall.

"We don't have arm rests so I can cry on your shoulder," I whispered to him, leaning towards him. He yawned and made quite an obvious move and put his arm around me. "Real smooth" I quipped and cuddled into his side. He sighed what sounded to be a sigh of content and he.. kissed my forehead.. I smiled softly 'He actually likes me...'

We waited 10 minutes before the show started. Sherlock had done it again, scoring us excellent seats, right near 'Box 5'. We applauded as the conductor bowed and the auction scene began...

I N T E R M I S S I O N

Act 1 was brilliant! Everyone sang beautifully! Sherlock said that "All I Ask Of You" was our song and quite truly it was. Sherlock had to go to the loo and he came back with a red rose. "For my Christine" He said, handing me the rose.

"Oh.. Thank you" I replied to him softly, taking the rose gingerly and twirling it in my hand.

"Are you enjoying the production so far?" A voice said from behind me. I turned around to find the Andrew Lloyd Webber.

"Yes, absolutely! It's amazing!" I replied, shaking his out-stretched hand.

"Ah, Mr Holmes!" Mr Lloyd Webber exclaimed, shaking Sherlock's hand.

"So this is Alex? Sherlock has told me much about you, my dear" He added and I looked to Sherlock in surprise. How does Sherlock know Andrew Lloyd Webber? Oh right, Mycroft."He also told me you sing".

"Uh I suppose, nowhere as near as well as Sierra but.. Yeah" I replied, going a little red.

"Alex sings very well" Sherlock remarked. I laughed nervously and looked at my hands, I could feel my ears burning.

"I shall see you two after the show" Mr Lloyd Webber said.

"Indeed you shall" Sherlock replied.

"How do you kno- Oh nevermind" I sighed to him, leaning back into his side and crossing my leg over the other. We again applauded the conductor and Act II began...

~~~Near the end of The Final Lair~~~

"You alone can make my song take flight, it's over now, the music of the night!"

My eyes were burning, tears stained my face. Seeing it lives makes it waaaay more emotional. Sherlock was trying to comfort me by holding my hand. I applauded loudly as the show finished. The cast came out in their "Order of Importance", you could say, I think they all matter equally but the trio top them. Hadley ran onto the stage, bowed and stepped aside, Sierra graced the stage in her gorgeous wedding dress and Ramin finally appeared. They all joined hands and bowed to the audience. I've either inhaled something Sherlock's left around or I'm seeing things because I swear Ramin Karimloo smiled and bowed to me. He was probably looking at someone else.

After Mr Lloyd Webber gave his speech, the crowd dispersed. Sherlock took my hand and lead me towards the dressing rooms.

"Ah, here they are!" Mr Lloyd Webber smiled, shaking my hand. I smiled nervously. "Don't be frightened, they won't bite".

The men that played Firmin and Andre wandered out and introduced themselves and we talked for a bit before they had to leave. Sherlock sat me in a seat in the hallway of the dressing rooms while he went to get something, leaving me alone and freaking out. I feel so out of place!!

"Ah there she is" I heard a voice murmur from somewhere in the hallway. I was paying extremely close attention to my thumbnail so I didn't see who said it.

"Alex?" A soft female voice said from in front of me. I raised my head from looking at my hands and I looked up to see SIERRA BOGGESS AND HADLEY FRASER.

"Hi" I replied softly. I'm in shock. I need a blanket. Sierra and Hadley sat either side of me.

"Is this a special occasion?" Hadley asked, resting his forearms on his knees.

"It's my birthday and for a birthday surprise I got to see Phantom" I replied, smiling shyly.

"Happy birthday!" They both exclaimed. I thanked them and we talked for about half an hour before they had to get changed. Sherlock still hasn't come back.

"Happy birthday to you, happy birthday to you, happy birthday dear Alex, happy birthday to you!" A cheery male, (what seemed to be a familiar voice) sang from up the hallway. I looked around and saw no one, I then looked for to find a pleasant face in front of me.

"Ohhhh my God!" I pretty much shouted. Mr Karimloo chuckled and gave me a hug.

"Happy birthday! Did you enjoy the show?," He asked, sitting beside me. I giggled stupidly and nodded. He laughed and put a hand on mine. "You can just act normal around me, I'm cool. Hey wanna come into my dressing room and we have a jam session?"

"Sure!" I replied a bit too quickly. We got into his dressing room and I found his mask settled on his desk and his banjo and guitar sitting on the lounge.

"Make yourself at home," He smiled, gesturing to the lounge. I walked over and sat down. I'm not making myself at home, I'm not going to lounge around on HIS lounge. "You play, right?" He asked, getting us a drink each.

"Yeah! Yeah, I play guitar um.. ukulele um.. clarinet and a little bit of piano" I replied, watching him walk over and hand me a drink.

"AND you sing, as I've been told," He added raising his eyebrows and taking a sip of his drink. I shrugged my shoulders and smiled shyly. Ramin Karimloo and I spent the next 3 hours playing instruments, singing, taking photos and videos and just talking. I gave him a hug goodbye and Sherlock was waiting outside Ramin's room for me. Sherlock had his arm ready for me to link and I did. "You're very lucky to have a girl like Alex, Mr Holmes" Mr Karimloo smiled. I blushed and my ears burned.

"I know" Sherlock replied softly, kissing me on the cheek. I smiled and looked to the ground.

"I'll talk to you later!" Ramin called as Sherlock and I left the building. I smiled.

~~~At Greenwich Park about 10:00pm~~~

Sherlock and I sat on the grass in Greenwich Park and admired the scenery. Sherlock began to hum "All I Ask Of You" and so I started singing it. We got to the end and then Sherlock bursts out "ANYWHERE YOU GO, LET ME GO TOO..." Sherlock took my hands and held them to his chest, "Alex.. That's all I ask.. of-" I didn't let him finished the song. I crash-tackled him into a hug and held him so tight I thought I'd squeeze the life out of him. I looked up at him and kissed him on the lips. He picked me up and spun me around, just as Raoul does with Christine when they're on the rooftop. But Sherlock wasn't my Raoul.. He was my Angel.. and I'm his Christine.

We arrived home to find Natalie had... Had tried to cook dinner... She'd managed to MELT the potatoes. By melt I mean mash them up, decided they weren't cooked and chucked the mash back in the pot to cook. "Oh bravo, dufus," I patted her on the back. She giggled worriedly, went completely and just stared at her potatoes in disappointment. "We can just get pizza if you want".

"Okay" Natalie chimed, trying to swat away the steam. I shook my head and laughed at my friend. She's a treasure. Sherlock held my hand and squeezed it. He whispered in my ear:

"So this is why we don't let her cook". I gave him a tight hug and then went to call the pizza place. Oh.. How sweet life is.

Okay, 1: I know, Phantom yes, I like phantom, we hopefully can accept that but 2: 3K OMGOMGOMGOMGOMGOMGOMGOMGOMG HALP MEH YOU GUYS ARE AMAZING!