Chapter 12: In the cupboard.

Yeah I know, I know, I haven't updated in forever because I'm a procrastinator :D Love you xxx

Maxine's POV:||:

I got up and wandered out to the kitchen to find something to eat but Alex was already up. "Good morning!" She beamed, cooking eggs and bacon.

"Hey," I replied "Why are you so happy? It's 7 o'clock in the freaking morning, on a Monday. Monday isn't a happy day for most normal people".

"Well it is for me, today! I'm going to work!," She smiled, handing me a plate and patting my head. I just gave her a look that said 'are you kidding me?' and Alex simply laughed and skipped off. "Do you remember who's at work? SHERLOCK! and Joooohn!" She sang, juggling an apple in her hand.

"Ooh, can Maxine come on a field trip for today?," I asked with a sheepish grin. Alex laughed and nodded. She went in to get changed and so did I. I got changed into a Brooklyn jumper and long grey trackpants and my ugg boots and checked my phone, nearly running into the wall when I was walking into the loungeroom. Alex was wearing a Billabong jumper with grey trackies and uggies as well. She called (I think her name's Molly) to tell her she'd be in today and we got into a cab and cruised to the hospital. I began to run ahead of her and jumped around to make her laugh and waited for her at the door. We walked in, turning to the first room on the right and I saw her Sherlock. I elbowed her and winked and she jokingly pushed me towards John. "HEY THERE ALEX!!" I practically yelled. If looks could kill, I'd be dead times a billion. She was mentally stabbing me, but I don't care. I saw Sherlock look up and immediately started fiddling with his tools and stuff and Alex sat opposite. I went on to find my Johnothan.

I saw him over with his laptop, frowning slightly but looked up and smiled warmly to me. "Hi Maxine" He said, closing his laptop.

"Hi," I replied sitting in the chair to his right.

"Did Alex drag you along?" He asked looking towards Sherlock and Alex then back to me.

"Nup. I just came" I mumbled, pulling out my phone. Even though I wasn't looking, I could feel his gaze on me. I looked up and he looked down to his own phone. I smiled and turned around to Alex. She turned around to me, looking quite embarrassed and I smiled and she nodded towards John and I shrugged a bit. She laughed silently and I looked towards Sherlock and she shrugged as well. I turned back around and John was watching me. "You have nice eyes" I said, scanning his face.

"Huh? Oh.. Thanks. So do you" He replied, smiling awkwardly. I leaned in to John and whispered,

"Shall we make an experiment? See if you can change a sociopath's condition? If you get what I mean"

He grinned manically and got up. "Hey Sherlock, could you go get something for me? Could you go in that cupboard and find a USB for me? You might need Alex to help you, it's incredibly small" John lied through his teeth, winking at me.

"I'm pretty competent by myself to find something John but.. Come along, Alex" Sherlock sighed waving a hand for Alex to come with him. She sauntered in behind Sherlock and John and I followed along behind them.

"Just.. up there" John instructed, pointing right up the top. They both turned around and began to look until we shut and locked the door, that was the last we saw of them for a bit. John high-fived me and we walked back over to his laptop. We could hear them banging on the door, trying to get out, but we simply laughed at their "misfortune". My plan was to get them together. It HAS to work. Alex and Sherlock were weird in the same way. They're both obsessed with science so it fits.

Alex's POV:||:

Well this is super awkward. At least the cupboard was fairly large. Sherlock was getting frustrated. "JOHN! JOHN GET US OUT!" He screamed at the door. For a genius, he really wasn't that bright in dire situations.