Chapter 31: All I Ask Of You.

This is one of the last few chapters :'( who knows i might do a sequel depending on season 4
ily tho ❤️

R xoxo
ALEX'S POV:

So everything's now settling down. It's been Nat's and my birthday, and it's also been Christmas. It all seemed... normal. Nothing unexpected has happened...

3rd POV:

Alex sat in the chair closest to the window, bathing herself in the scarce sunlight, much like a cat. Mr Moriarty came over from the kitchen with 2 cups of tea.

"Thank you," Alex smiled before taking her mug. "Da, you forgot one," She commented. Mr Moriarty's eyebrows knitted together in confusion. "Sherlock's"

"Oh! You know, I don't rightly know where he went to," Mr Moriarty replied with a small chuckle. "Any plans for today, my girl?"

"I don't think so, Da. I might go to the movies or something, the last Hobbit movie's out and I want to go see it again"

"Baby girl, you've already seen it three times!" Mr Moriarty laughed.

"Yeah... and?" and with that Mr Moriarty shook his head.

---

SHERLOCK'S POV:

Now, dear reader, I must inform you of something; I'm proposing to Alex. Yes, it seems odd, doesn't it? The idea itself is foreign to me. But, something has changed within me, something's not the same. I'm able to feel more compassionate and have more feeling than ever, and I believe that had occurred because of Alex.

Alex is a sweet, kind girl. She is also brave, and intelligent, and loyal to a fault. She can also be stubborn, like myself. She always looks out for others, and is always able to make someone smile- which is probably something I need. Most importantly, she loves me. She's lasted with me over the past... oh how long has it been? At least 3 and a half years? She has stayed by my side, which I find quite unbelievable.

But I do love her, and I want her to be in my life for as long as she can possibly put up with.

Finding a ring that is as priceless as Alex's love will prove to be a challenge. I've already got her a ring for her birthday, about a year ago. But this ring needs to hold more meaning and needs to show how much she means to me. I have an inkling of what I'm actually looking for, but for the first time in long time I'm clueless. She does seem to have liking for sapphires, so I think I've found the perfect ring. I waltzed inside the jewellery store and gazed around. Two young ladies were gossiping in the far corner, and a gentleman stood in the front corner, seemingly too interested in his cuticles to deal with me. I cleared my throat and the man raised his gaze.

"Ah sir, what may I do for you?" He said, his smirk making his pencil moustache quirk upward.

"I'm wishing to purchase a ring" I replied simply. The man nodded and asked which window and I walked outside and waited for him to peek through. I pointed to a ring in the front row and he gently pulled it out.

He has perfectly manicured nails, and his hands looked almost feminine. His moustache is cut perfectly- symmetrical and measured to a tee. His 'black' hair was combed neatly and had been recently dyed as well as his eyebrows. I returned back inside and he was carefully wrapping the ring up and put it in a charming little bag.

"I assume this is for someone important in your life?" He grinned. I felt my cheeks grow hot and a small, proud smile creep onto my face.

"I'm proposing" I replied. I can't believe how ridiculous I'm being! For God's sake, I'm Sherlock Holmes! All these emotions, last time I checked, I didn't really have any!