Concurrence

Diva's POV

"Okay, so lemme get this straight. Donte lettin' you stay here?" Lee asked as she pointed to his neatly manicured lawn. Donte and Pat were putting my bags in his modern house.

I nodded.

"Thanks for everything though." We hugged. "Anything for my girl."

I looked at his house. White columns stood tall and the front of the house was mostly glass and brick. Flowers lined the cobblestone path to the glass front door. The house looked like something you would see in a good home magazine.

Donte returned to my side with Pat.

He wiped sweat from his eyebrow.

"You only had to carry a few bags." I said. "And it's hot as all get-out." Donte sighed and scrolled through his phone. "Ay, let's get outta this sun." Pat coughed and walked into the house. We followed him and flopped onto Donte's large sofa.

Just then, Donte's cell phone rang. He stood up and answered it. This guy was always on his phone.

∆∆∆∆ ∆∆∆∆ ∆∆∆∆ ∆∆∆∆ ∆∆∆∆ ∆∆∆∆ ∆∆∆∆

Donte's POV

I was sick of folks calling my phone like I was some phone service or something. All I wanted to do was hang with my baby, Patrick, and her friend Lee.

I stood up and walked into a nearby guest bedroom.

I looked at the screen, it was my baby momma, Deadra. She was something extra. I didn't wanna be bothered with her bullshit about how I need to pay child support.

"What?" I asked. I closed the door and sat on the end of the bed.

"Dude, don't give me attitude."

"Who the hell you talkin' to? Why you callin'?"

"Marcus needs clothes for his first day at daycare." She said with a huff. "When's his first day?" I asked.

"Monday."

I'd remembered Deadra mentioning that the week before when I came over to her house to pick three year old Marcus up. I just didn't really pay attention to anything she was saying.

"So you want me to go get 'em stuff." I stated. "Naw, I want you to take him with you. He can pick out what he likes." I ran my hand through my dark waves and said, "I'll be there when I get there."

I hung up and returned to the living room. Patrick was standing next to the door with a serious look on his face. "Yo, wassup?"

"We gotta go." He said. Nodding, I kissed Shorty goodbye and headed towards the door. "Where y'all goin'?" Lee asked.

Patrick grinned. "Nowhere in particular." Shorty pursed her lips together. I could tell she was pissed, but I knew I had to go see what was up.

We headed towards the truck, Patrick deciding to drive.

Few words were exchanged. Driving the familiar route, I knew we were headed to Asap's joint, also know as The Trap.

We pulled past the gate and walked up the back porch steps. Asap was standing there with his arms crossed. "Wassup."

Dapping him, Patrick and me made our way past the living room littered with drugs and down the basement steps.

My three boys, Gray, King, and Boss were facing a man I recognized. "He lost the duffel bag." Boss said to me.

"Where's the work?" I asked as I pushed past King and Gray. He looked beaten...bad. But I didn't care.

He began to tremble with anger. "I told y'all! Someone robbed me!"