Q & A

Xavier's POV

    "You can't keep coming here every time something don't go your way." I said to Diva. She sat sullenly and quietly. "I know... But me and Donte are through. Permanently. He wasn't...faithful." Her voice cracked.

    "And you think you were?" I had my hands in my pockets staring at the girl who was convinced that she was ready to take another step. I wasn't preparing to get hurt again.

    It was three o'clock in the morning and Diva had several bags sitting next to her.

    "I know. I'm being a huge hypocrite but I'm serious. He wasn't faithful and he has a kid and...I can't take it no more. I ain't got no more tears to shed for him." Diva shook her head and stared at the wall.

    "So..." I trailed off and just rubbed her back.

    I could feel her bra strap, so desperately wanting to take it off. Take it all off.

    "I can't keep getting hurt, Xavier. I want to know about you. I wanna be with you. I'm not in denial. I'm not stupid. I wanna learn things about you so we can be closer. What's your favorite color? What's your–"

    "Turquoise." I said. Diva looked at me and managed a smile. "Pink. Your sign?"

    "Scorpio. Yours?"

    "Gemini. Your favorite food?"

    "Soul food."

    "Same." We went on like this for what seemed like an hour.

    A joyous hour.

    I looked at the clock and sighed. Standing up, I grabbed her hand and helped her up too. My back was sore from sitting so long and I was ready to sleep.

    It was so cool getting to know the girl who I was nervous to get to know when we first met.

    I smiled and led her to her room.