Lost Myself

Xavier's POV

    My face was slick with sweat. I clutched the wheel harder than ever. Was this what it felt like to be embarrassed?

    I was fucking strangled for no reason.

    Didn't God hear my mental prayers? Didn't He hear me ask Him not to send some thug into the diner and try to kill me like I was their girl's sugar daddy or something?

    I know He did. And its so ironic that it actually happened.

    But doesn't everything happen for a reason?

    But I couldn't stop thinking about if he's taking his anger out on Diva or not. And her name was beautiful. Who would want to call her "Shorty"? She wasn't short but she was attractive.

    I had to get my head out of the gutter.

    Parking the car, I walked into my girlfriend, Elizabeth's apartment.

    I was greeted with a hug and kiss. All she was wearing was a fancy bra and panty set. The bra had a black lace embroidery and was made of fine red cotton or whatever it was.

    "I just hopped point of the shower. Want dinner?"

    "'Just'?" I asked. It was now evening. "Yeah, I was hanging around all day and...never mind."

    "Why are you wearing fancy—"

    "Just for you!" I knew Elizabeth was lying because she started rocking on her heels.

    And just then, I heard a bang. A loud one.

    I ignored Liz's cries and hurried to the bedroom.

    And there he was... A man in shorts and a shirt trying to climb put the window. He had knocked the lamp down on his way out.

    I was enraged.

    And albeit this was how it felt when Diva's boyfriend attacked me. But the difference is, I saw what's going on. I knew. This guy was sleeping with my girlfriend. But Diva's boyfriend didn't know a thing. So it wouldn't really be hypocritical.

    And just as I started beating the man with my foot, I lost myself in all.