Chapter thirteen

Kate's POV

I walked down the wooded path toward the sound of the waterfall Drew'd shown me a few days ago. I tripped over a root and fell on my face. I didn't get up I just started crying. It wasn't that I was hurt. I just felt broken.

Yesterday me and Drew went on a really cute date. Just me and him and I had an amazing time. He took me to dinner and it was romantic and everything. When we got back to the cabin Keaton was in his room so Drew and I made out on the couch. Not a big deal right? Wrong! I just had to open my mouth. I asked him what I was to him. Just a little clue ladies, never talk about feelings with a guy you actually like! It's a real mood killer.

After that he said he wasn't sure and I flipped out like a psycho. I yelled and waved my arms around then went to bed, alone. When I got up today he was on the couch. He got up and said he needed to think then stormed off out the door. I let him go but as the day went on he didn't come back.

I've pushed guys away like this before. I've never felt like this though. I always just forget about it, but with drew I want him to just come back so I can apologize. I feel so bad about it because he's been nothing but good to me. He's the best guy I've ever been with and I can't fuck this up!

I'd had Keaton call Wes but he was no help so I called Dani. She told me Wesley said I would find Drew at the waterfall so now here I am covered in dirt from falling in the dark, and cut up from the fucking trees. I feel so bad about freaking out on him. He didn't do anything wrong. It's all me. When I get to close to guys I push them away. I always have and I blame my mom. She never had a functioning relationship so why should I?

I heaved myself off the ground again and wiped my eyes. I needed to stop being a baby and quit feeling sorry for myself. I walked up a hill to a clearing and there sat Drew. He had his legs pulled up under his chin and was just looking out at the water falling off the rocks into the small lake in front of him.

"Drew?" I said softly so he wouldn't know I'd been crying.

"What?" He asked. Not rudely but just indifferent.

"It's getting late and I was worried about you. I feel bad about last night and I just want to say sorry." Said my voice cracking as I spoke.

He looked up and me and sighed. He patted the ground next to him. "Come here." He said. I sat next to him and he put his arm around my waist. "Kate you see yourself as you want to see. No matter what I say it won't change the way you look at yourself. If I tell you everyday for the rest of your life that you're gorgeous it won't matter if you don't think so. So no matter what I said last night would have pissed you off." He explained.

I couldn't find words to argue because he was absolutely right. Drew was so smart. "You're right. I wasn't mad because of what you said. I was just mad in general."

"I know, and it's fine." He smiled.

"It's not fine Drew. I push people away. I've ended almost all of my good relationships over something dumb. I push guys away and never chase after them when they've finally had enough." I felt the tears slid down my face again. "I really like you and I don't want to mess it up."

"Well you didn't mess it up." He said making me confused.

He'd sat out here all day and didn't even seem mad now. "What do you mean I didn't mess it up?" I asked pulling back to look at him.

"You chased after me." He smiled and kissed the side of my head.

Dani's POV

Today was New Year's Eve and Wesley and I were making dip. It was like nine at night and we were cooking. Aubrey was making meatballs with Greek sauce and we make a beef dip with cheese and Rotel sauce. After today we were spending the first of the year here and then we were flying home that night. He said he had one last surprise for my birthday on the fifth.