Chapter seven

Dani's POV

He brought me to New York! He's literally the sweetest thing ever. I mean its under a blanket of snow and looks like a post card outside. I'm wide awake now laying in his arms. I turned to face him. He looked at peace in his sleep. I smiled and waited patiently for him to wake up.

At about noon he woke up and smiled. "How long have you been awake?" He asked as he stretched.

"Not long." I lied badly causing him to laugh.

"Let's get dressed then go for a walk around the city." He said getting up.

I dressed warm and joined Wes by the door. We walked hand in hand through the lobby of the hotel and out to the snow covered streets. The hustle and bustle of New York was much different than the laid back California life I was used to. Wes led me through the crowded sidewalks with ease as we made our way to his destination.

"Buy whatever you need to bake Christmas cookies." He said handing me his credit card inside the warm store.

"Where are you going?" I asked as he kissed my forehead.

"I'll be back. Just wait by the door if I'm not already there when you're done." He said leaving me.

I went through the isles and picked up the things I'd need to make the sugar cookies. I also got the things to make homemade icing. As I waited in line I thought about how heavy the bags were going to be when we carried them back to the hotel. Wes didn't think this through very well I guess. After I paid I went to the front entrance and stepped outside. Wes was leaning against the wall. He smiled and grabbed two of the four bags I had.

"Our chariot awaits." He said as he gestured to a white horse drawn carriage. It was like something in a princess movie.

"Are you serious?" I squealed.

"I sure am." He laughed setting the bags in the carriage.

He helped me up inside and then got in next to me. The carriage started moving and Wes told the driver to take us through Central Park. He did just that and it was absolutely breathtaking.

"You know how amazing you are?" I asked leaning my head on Wesley's shoulder.

"I don't mind being told every now and then." He smirked.

"This is perfect. Thank you so much." I said.

He kissed my cheek. "You're welcome and I'm glad you're enjoying it."

After the ride threw Central Park we had the carriage driver drop us off at the hotel. We took the things to our room then Wes led me back to the lobby and out the spinning glass door. It was about four o'clock as he tugged me behind him into Macy's. We didn't buy anything because it was ridiculously over priced, but we walked around and talked.

Mostly about my life growing up. Wes didn't seem bored at all as I talked. Once we left the store it was about six o'clock and the sun was setting. Wesley led me to the street and through crowds of people. When we finally reached his destination he stopped and pointed. I looked to the left and saw the biggest Christmas tree ever as soon as its lights popped on. They twinkled like a million little stars.

I turned back to Wesley who wasn't even looking at the tree. He was smiling as he watched me. "This is absolutely the best day ever!" I hugged him tightly. Just then snowflakes started to flutter around us to the ground.

"Every day I spend with you is the best." Wes said as he pulled back from hugging me. He let his arms stay around my waist though. He just stood there holding me close to him in the snow.

"Look who we have here! It's Emblem3's Wesley Stromberg and his new lady." A lady with a microphone said coming our way. "Wesley who's the lucky lady?"

"I'm the lucky one." Wes smiled at the camera man. "This is my girlfriend Dani."

"Well Dani girls all over are wondering, what's it like to be dating Wes?" The lady asked me and held the mic to me.

"Wesley's the perfect boyfriend." I smiled.

"Merry Christmas you two have a good evening." Sh smiled and started walking on to another couple down the street.

"Sorry about that." Wesley chuckled. "Let's go back to the room."

"Lead the way." I waved my arm.

He led me back to the hotel and we went to the room. He ordered room service and we sat in down to watch Christmas Vacation together. After the opening credits his phone went off. He texted for a few minutes then the food came. Wes went to get the door and sat his phone down.

I know I shouldn't have. I really know it, but it was just that the curiosity was killing me. I picked up his phone and saw the last text from him to the contact Bre. It said "can't wait to see you either. Text you when we Dani falls asleep." Who's Bre? Was Wesley cheating on me?

"Okay so I figure tomorrow since its going to be freezing outside we can bake cookies in the daytime then go to a play maybe in the evening?" Wes said as he came back to the room.

"Uh, yeah." I sat his phone back down and smiled up as he sat next to me holding the tray from room service.

"What's up you look ready to cry? I've seen this movie a hundred times and its not sad." He laughed.

"It's nothing." I faked a smile and he dropped it.

We watched the movie and ate in silence. After that I went to bed. Wes was next to me when I fell asleep so I guess he wasn't texting Bre tonight after all. Maybe I'm just being paranoid.