Chapter nine

Over the next few days Wesley took me to the Rockefeller center and all the memorials in New York. Pula we swung by the Yankee stadium and took pictures out front. His fans only mobbed us twice so it wasn't too bad. He took me to get pizza in a real Italian pizza place downtown and it was amazing. After that he even managed to get tickets to be in the audience at Saturday Night Live. It was super cool, and I had a blast.

Today we were packing up our stuff and getting ready to fly to his next destination. I bought his christmas present yesterday and had it wrapped carefully in my suitcase. It was a miniature glass engraved surfboard with Emblem3 wrote down the middle. It was gorgeous and I know he'll love it.

I had just zipped my last bag when Wes came into the room and smacked my ass as he passed me. I snapped up and batted his hand away. He chuckled and went around the bed picking up his bag.

"The cab will be here in fifteen and checkouts in ten." He said loading the suitcases onto a cart thing.

"Is what I'm wearing okay for where we're going next?" I asked looking down at my black yoga pants and over sized purple tie dye hoodie.

"You look fine." He smiled. "Now help me steer this thing to the elevator."

We checked out and road to the airport in a comfortable silence. I know he won't tell me where he's taking me so I don't bother asking. I just hope it's nothing elaborate. The taxi stopped outside the airport and we carried our luggage to the check in. Wes handled that while I went to the bathroom.

After I got back he smiled holding out the same blindfold he'd used last time. I sighed and let him put it over my eyes. I put the earplugs in and let him lead me to the plane. Once we got seated and the flight attendant had done her speech he lifted the blindfold. I took out the earplugs and turned to face him.

"Now when I blindfold you this next time it's going to be a little bit before I can take it off." He waited for me to process as the plane took flight.

"Alright. As long as I don't have to wear the earplugs." I nodded.

"I will let you take them out once we get to the rental car." He agreed.

The plane ride seemed to take forever. Wesley dozed in and out of sleep next to me. Soon enough though he covered my eyes and plugged my ears again. I sighed as he helped me off the plane and through the airport. I could faintly hear the sounds of people talking and announcements being made. It was muffled though. Next thing I knew he was pulling the earplugs out.

"The doors open so go ahead and get in. Be careful the snows slippery." He told me guiding my hand to the door of the vehicle.

I got in and closed the door with my eyes still covered. Normal people would peek but I trusted Wesley and I know it'll be worth it to wait. I heard him load the luggage and close the hatch. Then he got in next to me and started the car.

"Are you nervous?" Wes asked me.

"No, but should I be?" I laughed.

"I don't think so. Tell me something." He said.

"Like what?" I asked.

"I don't know fill the time. Tell me about why you moved to Cali." He said.

"I decided the day of graduation I wanted to move. I hated small town life because everyone knew everything you did before you even did it. I knew my parents wouldn't want me to go but I didn't really give them a choice." I started. "I caught up with Kate after graduation and asked if she'd come with me, and crazy as she is she said sure. We rolled out all our savings and loaded all our stuff into a pull along trailer. We drove cross country to California and I fell in love. The sun, all the lights, and the people were all so laid back. I just knew that's where I belonged." I finished.