Chapter ten

Dani's POV

I opened my eyes and felt like I'd went back in time. I was in my childhood bedroom again. It had soft blue walls and grey carpet. I rolled to my side and felt Wesley pull me back to him. A smiled found its way to my face as I tried to get up. He only tightened his grip and chuckled softly.

"Okay butthead, I know you're awake." I said letting him pull me back again.

"Shhh, I'm sleeping." He mumbled.

"Let me go. I need a shower." I laughed.

"Can I help?" He opened his eyes and smirked at me.

I smacked his chest. "Not in my parents house Wesley."

He chuckled and let me go. I bounced up taking all the covers with me. "Hey!" He whined as I dropped them on the ground at my feet.

"It's ten and I guarantee my momma make breakfast." I smiled.

"There better be pancakes." He grumbled getting up.

I took my shower and got dressed in jeans and a long sleeve black top. I straightened my curls and let my hair fall to my mid back. I applied some eyeliner and mascara then went downstairs to join the family.

"There's Becky now!" Alice said from the table as I came into the room. I wonder when she started getting senile. Well in her defense she was eighty something.

"That's Daniela you crazy!" Uncle Mark snapped. He was almost seventy and he was her third marriage.

"I am not lazy and I can see who it is so there's no need to shout." She said. I guess she also couldn't hear well.

I tried to ignore their banter as I sat next to my sister. "Morning Aubrey." I smiled.

"Morning Dani California." She giggled. "It's so nice to have you home."

"It's nice to be here." I laughed hugging her. "Where's Wes?"

"Did you actually call me Wes?" I heard him behind me.

I looked up and he was standing above me looking down my shirt. Typical! "No I was just pausing for affect." I said casually.

"You're terrible at lying." He laughed. "By the way your mom makes amazing French toast." He said as she sat a plate in front of me.

"Thanks Mom, and I know she does." I said digging in. "What are we doing today?"

"Dani don't talk with food in your mouth" Aubrey complained.

"I thought you could show me around." Wes smiled. "You know like where you went to school and stuff."

"I can do that." I said. "There isn't much to show though."

After we ate Dad told us Grandma would be getting in today around seven so we were free until then. I told everyone we'd be back and drug Wesley to the car. I got behind the wheel of the rented SUV. It had four wheel drive and all the bells and whistles. I drove through the small streets of my hometown.

"That's where I went to school." I pointed as I slowly drove past it. Wes nodded and asked what there was to do for fun here. "Nothing." I answered laughing. "We used to hangout at these basketball courts back in the day. We'd bet each other and win money."

"Where at?" He asked. He seemed so interested in my town it was cute actually.

I drove to what we called balls court and parked. We got out and I led him inside the fence. It was a simple paved basketball court that kids apparently still used because it had been shoveled out and the snow was piled up at one end.