Fear Her Pt. 2

Rose followed the Doctor down the stairs, towards the kitchen as Trish followed behind absently. The concerned mother's mind was too busy trying to sort through the millions of thoughts running through it to notice the Time Lord sticking his fingers into the jar of marmalade from her kitchen counter. She hardly even noticed when Rose got onto him for it. What she did notice, though, was the brunette woman stepping past her. Zana was standing before the Doctor in no time, her mind obviously set on what had just happened.

"When Chloe draws people, they end up in the drawing," Trish watched as Zana frowned up at the lanky man. "All of those pictures...they're alive. How is that even possible?"

"Ionic energy," the Doctor replied simply enough as he folded his arms across his chest. "Chloe's harnessing it to steal those kids and place them in some kind of holding pen made up of ionic power."

"And what about the dad from hell in her wardrobe?" Rose raised a questioning eyebrow.

"How many times do I have to tell you," Trish finally spoke up. She couldn't wrap her head around this whole situation. "He's dead!"

Rose resisted the urge to roll her eyes at the woman as she turned away. "Well, he's got a very loud voice for a dead bloke."

"If living things can become drawings, then maybe drawings can become living things," the Doctor murmured before Trish had the chance to retort. The three women looked at him as he shivered, having obviously spooked himself. "Chloe's real dad is dead, but not the one who visits her in her nightmares. That dad seems very real. That's the dad she's drawn and he's a heartbeat away from crashing into this world. 

Trish looked over at him, "She always got the worst of it when he was alive."

"You still haven't answered me, Doctor," Zana's voice was soft and full of concern, which Trish couldn't help but appreciate. "How can Chloe be doing any of this? She's only a twelve-year-old girl."

"Let's find out," he blinked, pulling himself from his thoughts as he looked over at her. Zana was quick to follow him back up the stairs, to the young girl's room. Just as she went to open Chloe's bedroom door, the Doctor stepped in front of her, effectively stopping the teen.

"What?" She looked up to meet his gaze. All she wanted to do was to figure out how to fix Chloe and save the missing children.

"Let me go first," he murmured quietly as he slowing turned the door handle. Zana swore that he was trying to annoy her on purpose. Why else would he stop her? Why else would he be so painstakingly difficult about this? 

But, she had no choice but to follow his lead. After all, he was the only one who could stop all of this. Or at least she hoped he could. So, she watched as he stepped into the room. The small group was greeted by Chloe, sitting on the end of her bed, holding up the Vulcan salute that the man himself had been showing her not too long ago. 

"Nice one," he complimented with a soft smile as he stepped up to the young girl. Zana watched curiously as he pressed his fingertips to her temples, but she most certainly wasn't prepared to see Chloe's eyes roll back as she fell unconscious. Her eyes widened as he laid her back on her bed. "There we go..."

"I can't let him do this-" Trish stepped forward, rightfully worriedly, but Rose grabbed her arm.

"Shush, it's okay," Rose offered her a comforting smile. "Trust him."

"Now we can talk," the Time Lord stood back.

"What the hell is he doing?" Zana whispered into Rose's ear. She had no idea that he was able to do such a thing. And it seemed the Rose didn't either because she simply shrugged. "You mean you don't know?"