Zana Pt. 2

"..It's hardly the Queen's speech. I'm afraid that's been canceled," the familiar voice of Prime Minister Harriet Jones woke Zana from her sleep. "Did we ask about the royal family? Oh. They're on the roof..."

"No one thought to wake me?" Zana muttered tiredly, wiping the sleep from her eyes as she stood up. Mickey glanced at her and gave her a small smile before turning back the TV. She stretched her limbs and fixed her clothes before moving to stand next to Rose, who was watching the Prime Minister's speech with sorrow. She didn't even remember falling asleep last night, but it seemed like one of them had provided her with a pillow and blanket, which she was grateful for. Most of all, she was grateful that they had seemed to take to her. She was a part of this now, it seemed, and they happily accepted her.

"...But, ladies and gentlemen, this crisis is unique, and I'm afraid to say, it might get much worse. I would ask you all to remain calm. But I have one request. Doctor, if you're out there, we need you. I don't know what to do..." Zana looked at Rose, who had tears sliding down her cheeks. Rose shook her head and walked away, to the room that the Doctor was staying in. "If you can hear me, Doctor. If anyone knows the Doctor, if anyone can find him, the situation has never been more desperate. Help us. Please, Doctor. Help us. God help us. "

Jackie hurried over to her daughter, who broke down in tears, "He's gone. The Doctor's gone! He's left me, mum. He's left me, mum!"

"It's all right...I'm sorry." Jackie tried to comfort her.

"Rose..." Zana started but was knocked to the ground as all the windows shattered, which was accompanied by a loud booming noise.

"Are you alright?" Mickey moved over to her and helped her stand.

"Fine, yeah," Zana looked over herself, grateful that she wasn't cut by the glass. "That was a sonic boom, I think. Like when a jet takes off...it must be from the spaceship."

With that, Mickey rushed outside, followed closely behind by Rose, Jackie, and Zana.

"What...what are those people doing on the roof?" Zana asked, seeing lines of people standing on the edge of multiple different buildings. "Did I miss something?"

"We don't know what's going on," Mickey looked at her. "But whatever it is, it's not good."

Zana gasped as the spaceship came into view. To her, it looked like a small floating mountain with large spikes poking from the edges of it. Worry coursed through her, but she didn't move a muscle as it flew overhead. Everyone watched in silence, that was until Rose rushed back into the flat.

"What now?" Jackie muttered as they followed after her.

"Mickey, we're going to carry him. Mum, get your stuff and get some food. We're going," Rose informed as we made it inside.

"Where to?" Mickey asked.

"The TARDIS. It's the only safe place on Earth," Rose picked up the dressing gown the Doctor was wearing earlier.

"What're we going to do in there?" Jackie asked.

"Hide."

"Is that it?"

"Mum, look in the sky. There's a great, big, alien invasion and I don't know what to do, all right? I've traveled with him, and I've seen all that stuff, but when I'm stuck at home, I'm useless!" Rose exclaimed, clearly upset. "Now, all we can do is run and hide, and I'm sorry. Now, move. Oh, lift him up."

Mickey moved forward and grabbed the Doctor's legs as Jackie ran off to get the food and things Rose had requested.

"Zana, help," Rose looked up at the brunette, who was biting at her fingernails. It was a nervous tick of hers.