April 2013

The reporter smiled at the three members of Fleetwood Mac who had shown up for the interview. “Can I just say I’m a huge fan? I’ve been listening you since I was really young and I can’t believe I’m meeting you.” She gushed. Stevie smiled. “Thank you, sweetheart.” She replied. “I was just wondering, before we start, obviously I have a lot of questions about the tour and new music, but I was wondering if I may ask you about your recent marriage?” Stevie and Lindsey exchanged glances, while Mick held his breath in anticipation. Stevie nodded and Lindsey turned to smile at the reporter. “That’s fine with us. Just not too many questions because, obviously, we’re here to talk about the tour.” He told her. The young woman beamed. “Yes, that’s fine! Thank you! Thank you so much!”

“And, before we go, I’m just dying to ask; how is married life for you two? You’ve been through so much together, what’s it like to finally be a married couple.” Stevie and Lindsey exchanged glances again, smiling knowingly at each other. “It’s blissful. I’ve finally made an honest woman out of her.” Lindsey answered, making everyone in the room laugh. “And you, Stevie? How are you finding being married, after telling people for years that being a wife and a mother – which you are now to Lindsey’s three children – wasn’t for you?” Stevie smiled at the young woman and reached over to take her husband’s hand. “I know I always said that and I do stand by it. But the truth is, I only ever wanted to marry one man. And that was Lindsey. But we hurt each so much over the years that I can’t even begin to tell you. And by the time I was ready to be with Lindsey again, he was going to be a daddy. And I couldn’t take him away from his unborn child. So he went off, got married and had two more kids. All while I got older and lonelier. But then, things happened, and we ended up back together again. So, to answer your question, married life for me is fabulous. It’s perfection because it’s what I always wanted.” “If you could, would you go back and just stay together and get married in the 70s?” Lindsey shook his head. “No. Because we were selfish, ignorant children then and we didn’t know anything. I don’t think we would have done it any other way because we had to do it in our own time.” Stevie let out a loud laugh. “Oh God, Linds. Have you resorted to quoting your own songs now?” Lindsey chuckled. “Well, I though it was appropriate. Y’know, because I wrote it for you.” Stevie smiled lovingly up at him as he turned back to the reporter. “But I was right in what I wrote. ‘From the fire we will rise again, in our own time’.”