Three Days Later

Lindsey sat in the living room, nervously playing a random riff on his guitar. Stevie had left the day before, going a day early to get her house ready for his arrival. Kristen was on her way home and Lindsey was ready to have a showdown… and to serve her the divorce papers. Suddenly, he heard the front door shut. “Lindsey? I’m home!” “I’m in here.” Lindsey replied flatly. Kristen walked into the room, a spring in her step. “Hi baby. How’re you?” Kristen bent down and tried to kiss him, but Lindsey moved away from her. “What’s wrong?” Kristen asked. Lindsey stood up and crossed the room. From behind a plant pot, he pulled out one of the several security cameras Kristen had sneakily installed all over their house. “Have something to tell me?” Lindsey asked coldly. Kristen shrugged. “I have no idea know where that came from - “ “Damn it Kristen, don’t lie to me!” Kristen sat down from the sheer shock of Lindsey’s outburst. “You were spying on me! You were spying on Stevie and I! And you got Karen to spy on us! What the fuck were you thinking?” “I was thinking I couldn’t trust you! I can never trust you with her! I could throw a million gorgeous women your way Lindsey but you’d still go back to her. Not me, her. And why? She’s nothing special! She’s just a little, fat, old lady who sings like a fucking goat!” Lindsey stalked towards his wife and raised his hand to her. Kristen flinched, ready for the hit. But it never came. She opened her eyes and looked up at Lindsey. He was staring down his nose at her, his eyes full of hate. “Stevie is more special than you will ever be. She is not a little, fat old lady. She is the most beautiful human being on the planet and continues to shine even after all the shit she’s had to put up with, most of it caused by me. Sure, she’s not perfect. But there is no doubt in the minds of millions that she is spectacular.” Lindsey dropped the divorce papers in Kirsten’s lap and grabbed his guitar. “I’m leaving.” He said, walking past a stunned Kristen. “L-leaving? Where are you going?” She asked, following him out to his car. She watched as he put the guitar carefully in the trunk of his car, her eyes widening when she saw it was full of suitcases. “Lindsey, you can’t leave me. What about our kids?” Lindsey looked at her coldly. “They are still our kids, Kristen. And I will still be a part of their lives. And so will Stevie.” “B-but what am I gonna tell them when they come home and find that you’re gone! Think about that!” Lindsey sneered at her. “If you think you guilt trips are gonna get me, you’re wrong. I’m going to go pick them up and take them to Stevie’s for the weekend. We – Stevie and I – will tell them together what’s going on now. Goodbye Kit. I’ll see you in court.” Lindsey got into his car and sped off, leaving Kristen stunned into silence.

Lindsey smiled when Will got into the passenger seat of the car beside him. “What’s going on, dad?” Will asked, looking at his little sisters sitting in the back seat. “We’re going to see Aunt Stevie.” Lindsey replied, starting the car again. “For how long?” Will asked, sensing something was up. “For the weekend.” “Just us, daddy? Or are you staying too?” Stella asked from the back seat. “I’m staying too, honey. Is that okay with you?” “Yea!” Stella and LeeLee exclaimed excitedly. Will watched his father closely, wondering what was troubling his mind.

An Hour Later

Stevie stood at the front door of her house, Starbucks coffee in hand and Karen by her side. “I knew you’d find happiness eventually.” Karen said, watching the road for any sign of Lindsey’s car. Stevie smiled at her assistant. “Thank you, Karen. You’ve been with me for so long and you truly are my best friend.” They smiled at each other and went back to watching the road. A few minutes later, the gleam of light hitting a car bonnet appeared and the familiar car pulled into Stevie’s driveway. “Here they are!” Karen exclaimed. LeeLee was the first to appear from the car followed closely by Stella. “Stevie!” They yelled, running up the stone steps to greet her. “Hello darlings. How are you?” Stevie greeted them, holding them close to her. Will walked slowly up the steps and Stevie smiled at him. “Come here, little Buck.” She whispered. Will wrapped his arms around Stevie’s waist and she stroked his head of soft hair. “What’s going on, Stevie?” Will whispered. Stevie held his face in her hands and smiled at him. “You’ll find out soon enough. And I hop you’ll be okay with what we have to tell you.” Will nodded and followed his sisters and Karen into the house. Lindsey was stood at the bottom of the steps, leaning casually by the wall, looking as gorgeous as ever. Stevie’s heart fluttered as he made his way up to her, sunglasses and leather clad, looking like a more mature version of the bad boys she’d fantasized about as a young teenager. He stopped, standing a step down from her. She looked down at him and took his sunglasses off. “Ah, there’s those famous blue eyes I love so much.” She said. Lindsey smiled. “I’m glad you like them. I don’t get to see them that much myself, funnily enough.” Stevie slapped his arm playfully. “Don’t be so sarcastic.” “Does it not suit me?” “Everything suits you, Linds. You’re a man of many talents.” Stevie replied seductively, wrapping her arms around his neck. “Oo, anything in particular I’m talented at that you’re dying to point out to me, Stevie?” Lindsey asked, matching her seductive tone. He put his hands on her small waist. “Mmm, I can think of one big thing you’re good at. But we’re not discussing it while the kids are here.” “Damn.” Lindsey muttered as Stevie took his hand and led him into the house. “Welcome home.” She whispered, squeezing his hand. “It’s good to be back.” He whispered back.