The End (Epilogue)

"Rayne!" I smiled. I could recognize his voice from anywhere.

Drew Acevedo.

The guy that bullied me for years was never the guy I envisioned standing at the end of the aisle, but that's where he was, right now. His eyes were bright, filled with the light that was in the small chapel. He was simply stunning, standing there in his black tuxedo.

The moment seemed so surreal. I never imagined getting married. I didn't think it was possible for anyone to love me. I was proven wrong and I can honestly say that there was nothing that made me happier than that.

The only thing that reminded me that this moment was real was how messy Andrew's hair was... it was a constant in my life to see that disgusting hair.

It had been almost a year since we had started dating, but hey, who cares? We loved each other and that's all that mattered. We would be together forever.

How was I so lucky?

My eyes drifted to my Maid of Honor.

Brie.

She was crying.

I think everyone was crying.

They were all so happy to see this. My life had been so dark, and well, this was the one spot of light. Life had been hard and it always will be.

"We should start walking, honey."

I could smell my father's cologne, thick and heavy, but, for some reason, it felt very safe right now. I nodded without looking at him. I couldn't look at him yet, or I would probably start crying. I would ruin my makeup, and heaven forbid that I did that and looked ugly in my wedding pictures!

My bare feet scraped against the red carpet that led towards the altar. The rows and rows of benches that were on either side of the aisle had thick red ribbons with boquets of red roses. They were simply perfect.

Everything was perfect, for once. Sure, Drew and I had our problems just like everyone else, but, today was simply perfect. We wouldn't be arguing over trivial things. This was our special day.

And I couldn't be happier.

My father's arm pulled me back into reality. We were at the end of the carpet. He turned to look at me and, for the first time in a long time, I can say that his eyes were filled with joy. His wrinkled eyes were brimming with tears.

"I am so proud to call you my daughter, Rayne. You are a beautiful bride," he said as he lifted my veil from my face. He coughed, "I love you so much. I may be a crappy dad sometimes, but just know, I will always love you."

"Thanks Dad."

He then cleared his throat. I felt my hand being transferred from my father's to the familiar calloused hand that belonged to my... my Drew.

"I love you both very much. Now, go get married," he rubbed both of our hands before moving to sit down in his seat.

That's when my eyes met Andrew's.

"I-I," I stuttered.

He raised his brow with a little smirk, "You, what?"

"I love you, Andrew."

His smirk broke out into a full-on smile.

"I love you too, Rayne."

=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=

Yup, you heard right. I hope you enjoyed this final chapter.

Short and sweet.

I hope that this story means as much to you as it did to me. It really gave me a chance to voice not only my own experiences through high school, but also, the experiences of other people that I've known. The thing with this story... it was so easy for me to write, unlike some, because it came from the true and real me.

Much love,

Emma.