The Accident

The dripping of the rain against the house was driving me insane. Every ten seconds, there was a consistent thudding noise against the wall. Stupid rain.

I blinked like a fish without water would. It was painful.

My alarm shrieked the most annoying noise - ever - which woke me right up. I guess it was time to go to school again.

When would I get out of this house? When would I be free?

I quickly pulled on a pair of dark red skinny jeans, a simple black shirt, and my black converse. It was just one of those days where I couldn't be bothered to even do anything. There was so much going through my mind - overload.

And I jumped down the stairs, past the kitchen, and out the door.

"Hey," Drew smiled. "How are you?"

"Better."

"Good," he chuckled, "but we're going to be late if you keep standing there. Upright planking?"

I shook my head, no, which caused him to laugh again. And then, things really started to mesh together - I can't even tell you what we talked about in the car or what we did when we got to school.

I remember watching Topaz hop out of a car with Will and Steven.

"When did this happen?"

"What?"

"Topaz, Will, and Steven?"

Drew shrugged, "You missed a lot. I missed a lot."

So he didn't know why they were joining up. But something inside me told me that this just wasn't a good thing. Why would Topaz need Steven and Will? And why would they all be staring at Drew's car?

"I think they're up to something... and I'm scared."

"They won't touch you as long as I'm around."

"What makes you so sure of that?"

We both got out of the car at the same moment, and at that same moment, I saw Topaz, Will, and Steven. They were walking right for us.

I quickly jumped over to Drew's side, because I thought, just maybe, that they might leave us alone today. But I was wrong. The usual...

"Hey shit face," my sister teased with a huge grin on your face, "How did it feel? When you got raped?"

Drew's grip around my waist tightened, "Topaz, shut the fuck up."

"You liked that, didn't you?" Topaz prodded my chest with her finger, "You are such a filthy slut. He was trying to teach you a lesson. Well, maybe I'll just ask someone else to teach you a lesson," her eyes fluttered over to Steven.

"Alright, that's it," Drew threw one solid punch, hitting Topaz square in the nose. She started to gush blood. I watched as her body fell to the ground. Neither Steven or Will attempted to help her up. They just stood over her like storm clouds, unmoving and unwavering.

"Y-you're not supposed to punch a woman."

"You're no woman, Topaz. You're nothing to me," Drew screamed at her as he dragged me away from the scene of the crime.

"Why the HELL did you do that?"

"No one talks to you like that."

"You did! Before any of this happened!"

He frowned, "I was different then. I wasn't. Thinking. But now that I can think, I know what I did was wrong. So I can fix it, or at least, try to. I want to make up for all the terrible shit I did to you."