The Fight

Monday morning always came too early for my likings. It seemed that when I didn’t want it to show up, it just did. And that’s why I always hated it.

To make matters worse, it was pouring outside. I was getting rained on. Rayne getting rained on. Ironic, yeah.

I had just stepped off the bus and stared at all the students that were running towards the front door of the school, trying to avoid the raindrops. I didn’t care so I walked. But something felt very strange about this seemingly normal day. Something was wrong.

And as I drew closer to the door, I figured it out.

It was Drew, standing in the rain, screaming at Topaz. Her shirt was clinging to her body, not that it didn’t normally, but it was white, and too see through... Gross.

I saw her pull on his shirt to kiss him.

I did the same thing before. I was just like my sister. I was just fucking like her.

He pushed her away, screaming even more than he was before, “You know! I don’t give a fucking care if you don’t like your sister! Because I do!” he raged, “And if you dare go near Steven or Rayne, or anyone else, I will rip your throat out. You’re a bitch and always will be!”

She crumbled, down to the ground, hugging his waist, saying something. Ew, I couldn't believe that she was so close to his... and he wasn't doing anything about it. I walked closer and closer, reducing the distance between us. The bell rang noisly.

And then, he looked over and smiled at me. He pushed Topaz off his waist, bounding down the stairs into the rain, running towards me.

“Hey.”

“Hi.”

He grinned, “Can I walk you to class?”

I shrugged, “sure.”

By the time we had walked back to where he was, Topaz was gone. Drew’s arm held me close to his warm body.

“Why the change?” I asked quietly.

“Because?”

“Because of what?”

“Maybe I don’t want to be just any monster. I want to be your monster,” he laughed, “But I have to go so I will see you during second?”

“No? I have class?”

“Do you? Last I checked, attendance was optional. I’ll see you later,” he kissed my forehead and walked into the classroom that we were standing next to.

Of course he’d think attendance was optional... The bell rang again. That sneaky bastard, he didn’t even walk me to my room. He was on time and now I was the late one. I groaned.

I never made it to my first class that day.

“Rayne! Oh little Rayne, you think this is over now that you have Drew in your control? How wrong you were,” the voice echoed in the silent hallway, “Because you’re in a whole hell of a lot more trouble. Drew and I have one thing that’s different from each other. He has a heart. And I don’t.”

Something inside of me snapped, “There’s a huge difference between you and Drew! Drew is a fucking God compared to you! And I don’t care! Do whatever you want to me!”

Topaz jumped out in front of me with a wicked smile forming on her face, “That’s exactly what I was planning.”

I heard a slight brush of metal against metal. I knew I was going to die though, so I guess it didn’t bother me. I wouldn’t fight her. Her eyes were flaming as she approached me, the shining knife in her hand. She was scary as all hell. If I was going to Hell, I guess this was the right direction.