5 Which Time

After Toph's aunt told us we should rethink divorce, she promptly escorted us out of the closet.  

Not in the metaphorical sense, but I believe she was trying at that too. She kept giving us these knowing looks. Though, I'm not really sure what she knows or what she thinks she knows. 

I've never been attracted to men before. I guess, I've never really thought about it either way. 

If I had to be attracted to men, I wouldn't mind Topher. He's a good catch. Handsome, talented, thoughtful. There's nothing wrong with those qualities. I'd be lucky to find them in a woman I had feelings for.  

Once we left Aunt Ruth, we walked upstairs to Sammi's loft. Apparently she didn't even make it to the bed. She was sprawled across her couch with one shoe on her foot and the other in her hand. It was quite a site. 

"Should we wake her?" I ask my best friend trying to hide the fact that I think the situation is hilarious. 

He shrugs his shoulders, but walks over to her anyway, "Sam, wake up." He touches her shoulder and nothing happens.  

"Shake her," I suggest. 

And he does, but the only thing that happens then is that she drops the shoe she was holding and lets out an ample snore. 

Then I can't help but laugh. Good thing too, because it's my laughter that wakes her up. 

"What time is it?" she yawns as she sits up from where she was draped across her furniture. 

Toph pretends to look at his watch for a second before telling her, "It's time to get your lazy ass out of bed. We need answers." 

"Answers for what?" she asks a little confused. 

"As to why we're married," I interject before taking a seat in the reclining chair. 

Topher decides to sit on the couch next to her, "And why we have no recollection of it at all." 

Sammi's smile dances across her face as she realizes what we're referring to, "You guys were hammered last night." 

"We realize that," I tell her. "What we don't know is what happened after the massive amounts of alcohol." 

She takes the remaining shoe off her foot, "You made a bet." 

I look accusingly at my best friend, "I'm going to say that was not my idea." 

Everyone knows Topher is always in for a good wager and he always wins. To be honest, the only time I can remember him actually losing was twice; once to me and once to Tripp. 

While we were on set, he constantly had some kind of pool or gamble set up. It was all in fun and he never took it too seriously, but for some reason he could never back out of anything he anteed.  

They were all silly bets like, how long it would take Riel to say the word 'shit' or who could eat the most marshmallows in one sitting. This, however, is a new level. 

"What was the bet?" he asks her curiously. 

She scratches the side of her head for a second leaving matted hair sticking up in the wake of her fingers, "It was something about being able to handle something." 

"You have got to be kidding me," my stern gaze settles on my 'husband' as he burst out laughing. "You had to take it to another level, yea? You couldn't just leave it be?" 

"You shouldn't have challenged me!" he continues laughing as I sit astonished.  

"It wasn't a challenge!" I defend myself, a little amused at this point. Only he would do something like this. I should have guessed. "I was bloody joking!" Turning back to Sammi; I see that she's watching us with a smirk, "Do you remember the exact bet?"