3 Hangover Remedies

I wake up the next morning with the worst headache of my life. I feel like shit. I may still even be a little drunk. 

Instantly, I realize I'm only in my boxers and someone's head is place on my naked chest. Not only that, but their arms are snaked around my waist and their legs are in a tangle with mine. It's oddly comfortable enough for me not to want to look down to see who it is. 

The last thing I remember last night is kissing Topher; which I have no idea why I did. I know he initiated it, but I didn't stop it what-so-ever. However, after that, the evening has disappeared. 

Lifting my left hand, as to not disturb the person snuggled into my right; I run it through my unruly brown hair and down to my face. As my fingers hit my cheek bone, my hand stops and my eyes widen. Shutting my eyes quickly, I pull my digits away and hold the offending body part at arm's length.  

Do it quickly, I tell myself. My eyes shoot open as I look to confirm my suspicions. A ring resides on my left hand on that very significant finger. If I thought I was sick before, my stomach really wanted to purge everything now. 

The second 'do it quickly' was finding out who was laying on my chest; although at this point I'm pretty sure I already know. I've already figure out with one look around whose room I'm in - whose bed I'm in. Sure enough, when I look down I see my best friend's blonde hair sticking in all different directions. 

Now the questions are: How do I get up without waking him? How did we get back here last night? And who, the fuck, am I married to?  

Maybe, I'm not actually married. It was probably just a joke, right? 

None of this pondering is actually making a difference.  

Taking a deep - but silent - breath, I go for the quick approach again. I try to pull my arm out, but he nuzzles closer into me. It's then that I notice that he is only wearing boxers as well.  

I will not mention how I notice this or what is poking me that made me figure it out. 

I'm not really sure how to act. I don't know the proper etiquette for waking up in your best mate's bed snuggling close to him.  

Sighing, I figure I'm going to have to get out of here somehow. I can't just lay here for the rest of my life. So I do the only thing I can think of; I shake him. I grab him by the shoulders and move his body back and forth until his eyes open. 

Once they do, they shoot open like a firecracker. Apparently, he wasn't expecting our embrace either. 

He sits up just as fast as his eyes open causing him to almost fall off the bed. 

"What happened?" he asks me as he rubs his face. 

Sitting up as well, my eyes grow another level of surprise when I see the metal hoop that matches mine on his left-hand ring finger; except, his isn't exactly like mine. Mine is just a gold hoop with 3 little diamonds on the outside, typical of what you would see as a male wedding band. His looks like the counterpart to mine. The band is delicate with 3 diamonds that are mounted instead of laid-in. It's the lady's ring in the set; wedding band included.  

In his defense, it's less girly then some of the rings I've seen. 

Without saying anything, I point to the small object.  

He looks at me like I have two heads. He hasn't noticed yet. He doesn't feel the weight of both of our lives circling his finger. 

I hold up my left hand and point to the ring then point back to his hand in a silent gesture.