7 Rescheduling

Toph laughs from the couch behind me, "You totally set yourself up for that one." 

"You're right I did, but it won't matter. Monday will be the end," I challenge with a raised brow. 

He rolls his eye, "It'll have to be Tuesday. I have a radio show in the afternoon Monday then I have a meeting with Linda and some producer." 

"We can't do it Tuesday, Wednesday, or Thursday," my voice comes out a little more exacerbated than I mean it to as I sit back down next to him. "We have that video game thing." 

"What video game thing?" he asks.

Riel enters back into her living room with a bottle of water, "The one that they're making for the movie. We have to record our voice-overs for the characters - our catch phrases and stuff." 

"That takes three days?" he rubs a hand in the back of his hair again briefly. 

I shake my head as Riel shrugs. Then I answer his question, "You and I have to narrate the 'story mode' for the single player." 

"So then, we'll go Friday," he reason. 

It sounds legitimate before I realize it's not, "Friday I have a photo shoot and interview for GQ. They're doing a spread on me for being the 'Breakout Actor of the Year' or something." 

"Congratulations!" our female friend launches herself at me, wrapping her arms around my body. "That's a big deal!" 

I look over to see Toph nodding, "That is impressive. Why didn't you tell me?" 

"I didn't think it was important," letting go of Riel, I shrug and continue. "I only found out a few days ago and it's just because I have a couple movies I'm going to be filming this year." 

"You have one coming up right?" my best friend asks sitting forward on the couch again. 

I nod, "Four weeks I start filming 'Half the Battle' with Grace Galloway. It's a 'War Zone Romance' or something. It's a good script; hopefully it'll be a good movie." 

"If Grace is in it, you can bet on it being a big hit," he comments off-handedly. "She wouldn't be in anything that was less than the next big thing. But, I'll warn you, she's a bit high maintenance, from what I hear." 

As she sits back down, Riel looks a little quizzical, "Isn't Grace the one that always ends up dating her costars?" 

Toph snaps his gaze over to her, "She is, isn't she?" 

"It doesn't matter," I assure them. "I'm not going to date someone that has a reputation like that. I'm pretty choosey on people I get into a relationship with." 

"I can't disagree with you there," our dark-skinned friend laughs. "You only picked the most famous and sought after man in the world. He even had to beg." 

"I didn't beg; I bet," my husband laughs. 

Chuckling, I shake my head and turn back to Toph, "So then we can go in the morning on Saturday to the court." 

He shakes his head and gives me a sheepish look, "I volunteered us to help paint the bar." 

"Both of us?" I arch a brow at him. 

He nods without words and give me one of his heart-stopping smiles. 

"Well then we're going to have to wait until 3 Tuesdays from now," shaking my head, I run a hand down my face before explaining. "Not this week, but next week Monday I am going to LA to look for a place to rent while I'm staying there to film. I won't leave there until Thursday afternoon and I'm only coming back for a few hours to pack some clean clothes, sleep, and leave for England the following morning. I'm staying there until Monday morning Greenwich Mean Time which means I won't be back here until Monday night Eastern Standard."