1 Slash Sites

Dedicated to MaddyRawr10 because one of her one-shots inspired the original idea for this story.

"Hey man, what'd they have you wearing tonight?" my best mate, Topher Ashton, asks me over the phone.

Holding my cell between my shoulder and ear, I try to hop into the trousers my stylist, Gina, sent over for the premiere tonight, "Black suit, black skinny tie, white button down, and black high-top trainers. Classic and sophisticated with a little bit of me."

Tonight we are going to the premiere of our new movie 'Save the Day'. We started filming it a year ago, but after the shooting and post production the release is tonight. And I'm a bit nervous, saying as this is the first real event I've been to.

This is only my second movie. It's the first where I had a leading role. The other one I was a support character. And when I say support, I mean I only had a total of four lines; two of which I chanted in a crowd. Some might even call me an extra, but I don't like to speak so harshly.

No matter, this movie I was a costar. Toph and I play two guys who have to get a special group of 'super humans' together to stop an end-of-the-world event. Thing is, we play these regular college students that have no idea how to wash their laundry; much less save the world. It's a comedy with a little romance, action, and suspense thrown in the mix.

Topher Ashton's what reporters refer to as a 'Hollywood Heavyweight'. He's been out on the scene for quite a while. He's always the star of every movie he's in. He's the guys the all the girls 'swoon' over. I didn't actually think we were going to get along as well as we did; saying as I'm a newbie. But fortunately for me, he's really down to earth and it was instant friendship.

"How do you get to wear tennis shoes? Dude, they have me in some pin-striped grey tux with green and white polka-dotted tie. Maybe it's just me being a guy, but that doesn't sound like it's going to go together. You're British what do you think?" he complains.

"Just because I'm British doesn't give me style," I laugh. "They have you in a full tuxedo?"

"Vest and all, man."

"Unfortunate," I tell him as I try to fasten the last button on my collar. "Are you showing up with Princess?"

I hear him sigh into the phone, "She's making me take her."

Rebecca, or Princess as I call her sometimes, is his on-again-off-again girlfriend. The tabloids eat them up. There's a new story on 'Tophecca' every week. Topher hates it, but Becca relishes the attention.

The only reason they started dating to begin with was for a publicity stunt. A couple years ago, there was a dip in Toph's careers because of an upset in his home life. Their publicists arranged it because they costarred in a romantic comedy and it was good for their press. Then when they started hanging out they had a bit of a connection. Topher decided about a year ago that he just wasn't into it, but she wouldn't leave him alone. Knowing he couldn't be rude because it would somehow get 'leaked', he kept his mouth shut and has just been going along with it just to stay out of the public attention the entire thing demands.

"Sucks," and I mean it. She's a controlling bitch.

"Are we still having a couple drink afterward?" he asks a little muffled from the other side trying to change the subject.

I put the phone on speaker and set it on my couch while I tie my tie, "Yea. And Joel said that he would come to make sure we didn't get into anything too stupid."

"Sweet, he can keep Ashley company. She said she was going to watch out for us too."

"Is Becca coming?"