Always Be Together (Zerrie Fic)

I woke up trying to stretch in my own bed, but I was crushed in the middle of two gigantic, snoring bodies. Harry and Niall were on either side of me, snoring as loud as humanly possible. They were the heaviest sleepers known to man, and honestly, I think I was going deaf.

“Wake up! Your morning breath is dead grotty,” I yelled. They stirred slightly and simultaneously breathed in my face. “Right, up we go so I can throw up.”

“You’re so dramatic, Per Bear,” Harry grinned sleepily as he rolled over. I sat up and stretched and went to put some tea on downstairs. Mum was already drinking her coffee when I got there.

“Morning, darling,” she smiled. “You’re early to be awake for school this morning, aren’t you?”

“Well, yeah, but it takes another half an hour to get those two up alone, you know.”

“Very true.” Harry and Niall stumbled down the stairs and kissed my mum on the cheek. “Good morning, my little troopers.”

“C’mon, Debby. That was cute when we were five but now it’s downright embarrassing,” Harry groaned.

“Oh, get over it,” Mum laughed. We all ate our cereal and of course I got the shower first. They got tired of waiting for me and instead decided to share the five by five foot guest bathroom. Between the both of them trying to do their hair, the place was a mess by seven thirty. “Kids! Come on, you’re leaving now!”

Harry grabbed my keys and Niall took the passenger seat, leaving me relegated to the back seat. They did, however, let me play the Spice Girls Greatest Hits while we drove, so it wasn’t that much of a burden. When we pulled up to school, I couldn’t unbuckle my seatbelt before Niall was at my door to open it for me. As he helped me out, my eyes were only focused on the object of my affection—Zayn Malik. We had been seeing each other for the past few months and I really felt deeply for him.

“I guess I’ll see you guys later?” I asked distractedly as I put my backpack on. Zayn smirked at me from where he was leaning on his car smoking a cigarette.

“Where are you going?” Niall asked as a few girls sauntered up to them. Harry turned to hear as well.

“Nowhere…” They followed my gaze to Zayn and their eyes darkened.

“I don’t like how he treats you,” Harry said protectively. “He’s leading you on.”

“Yeah, and he looks at you like you’re his prey. I think you should just stay near us,” Niall said, tucking me under his arm.

“And I think,” I removed myself from his possessive grasp. “That I’ll be just fine.”

“Pezza…” Harry trailed off uncertainly. “I really don’t feel comfortable with you being with him. We know him and how he acts because we used to be like him. I just don’t want him to take advantage of you. Don’t get hurt, alright?”

“Harry, goodbye,” I scoffed. “Bye, Ni.” He waved reluctantly and I strutted over to Zayn.

“Zayn!” Niall called. Zayn looked up and grinned. “Be careful with my sister, mate, or I’ll cripple ya.”

“Will do!” he yelled back, giving me a once over. “Hey, love. You look gorgeous.”

“Oh, stop.”

“Wanna go for a quick one under the bleachers?”

“Um, alright.” He led me to the stands by the football field and kissed me hard against the cold wire fence. Just as I was beginning to have second thoughts, the bells rang. “We should go.”