Commas

(This was suggested by @MissCraziness, and I'm going to Dedicate this to her and write about what she asked, because not only do I have my own opinions on this, but I also want to show that I do read your comments and I will take suggestions. I love the feedback on here!)

So, commas.

Some writers use them excessively, some writers don't know what a comma is, and some writers just think you can put a comma anywhere you feel.

Let's start with the excessive comma writer:

I woke up, got up, went to the bathroom, got ready, I felt tired, but I still got everything I needed, and I got in my car, and drove away, and I wasn't tired anymore.

Of course, minus the fact that the story has awful writing, the point I'm saying is there are writers that use commas so often that they make run on sentences and leave out detail. Then, there are writers who don't know what a comma is:

I woke up and got up and went to the bathroom and got ready and I felt tired but I still got everything I needed and got in my car and I drove away and I wasn't tired anymore.

Sometimes I think these writers just like the word "and". But there's also the authors who lack boy commas and 'and's:

I woke up. I got ready. Even though I was tired. I got ready. I grabbed everything I needed. I got in the car. Finally drove away.

And then, my favorite, authors who just throw in commas wherever:

I woke up and got, up. I went to, the bathroom. I got ready and, felt tired. I still got everything I needed and, got in my car. I drove away, and I wasnt, tired anymore.

Now, correct me if I'm wrong, but I'm pretty sure commas are used when writing two sentences that are independent clauses, or can be used separately, and joining them with a conjunction, prepositional phrase, or helping verbs, e.g. "The bird ate the lettuce," and "it was dying", which can be joined together with "even though", to make "The bird ate the lettuce, even though it was dying."

If that's wrong, I was never the best at grammar, so whoops.

And finally, you may skip this if you want, but I've been reading all the comments from all the chapters, and I've gotten a lot of tips on my writing here, most of them being my spelling and typos. (Don't worry, I'm not going to tell you guys off, we've all hopefully learned from that by reading this book) What I wanted to tell you guys is I'll try harder not to have as many typos or misspellings. I do write these in one draft, in fact I were almost everything in one draft, because I'm not the best at editing, so you guys can just tell me when you find a spelling error, so I can fix it.

(Also, I'm sorry I've forgotten who told me, but someone said I'd been using "i.e. To say for example, when it really means in other words, and e.g. Means for example. I fixed that too.)