Chapter Seven: Epistemophobia - Fear of Knowledge

This is a boyxboy which means boy on boy love, understand?  Great.  Your choice is to continue or get the f*ck off.  Thank you. :)

Comment... vote... fan!

Chapter Seven: Epistemophobia - Fear of Knowledge

                                    Adrian’s POV

Oscar looked back and smiled at me, “Nice place, huh?”

            “Yeah,” I said, lamely but I smiled nonetheless.  Oscar was suddenly back to himself and he sprinted out into the crowd into a group of girls who all took a liking to his childlike quality.  The little bastard has no trouble with women, he’s just naïve and rather ignorant.

            I went up to the bar and smiled at the bartender, Miley.  She looked at me and grinned, “Hey, Adrian, what’s up?”

            “Hey, Lee, can I get a drink?  Anything will do,” I said.

            She nodded and ducked under the counter to grab a glass.  I laid my head in my arms, trying to rid the headache I had received from Oz.  I heard the click of the glass hit the bar and I dumped the contents in my mouth before choking on it.

            “That was stone cold Russian vodka, idiot,” she rolled her eyes, “It’s stronger than American, isn’t it?”

            I kept on coughing but nodded, I cupped my mouth as I choked out, “Jesus, thanks for the big warning, Lee!”

            “You looked like you needed something strong,” she said, giggling.

            I rubbed my forehead, “How’s your guy doing?”

            “Oh, he’s fine.  He’s been a bit down though.  Something is messing with him, I know it.  He hasn’t talked to me as he used to.  Has he talked to you?”

           “Not really,” I frowned, “Oscar seems lost without him.” 

           "My poor baby boy,” she looked a little sad and lost, but quickly recovered, “Hm, what about your man?  How’s it going?”

            “Excuse me?”

            “Oscar,” she giggled, “You’d be surprised, he comes here more and more often.  Is he stressing about something?”

            “No,” I looked at Oscar who kept drinking shots every time he was offered one and danced like a crazy guy, “At least, I think.”

            “He’s drinking again.”

            “No, he’s not.  He’s just drinking more than usual,” I frowned, “I thought from the Alcoholics Anonymous meeting that he would quit.  But like usual, he’s a brick wall and we’re just rubber balls just bouncing off his shields.”

            “You know Oscar and my man go way back when they were teenagers,” she smiled, “They went to the same summer camp one year, SYG or something, and they became Tweedledum and Tweedledee.  I swear they became friends in an instant.  The four of us became inseparable.”

            Oscar ran up to me and smiled, “Hey!”

            “Hi, Oz.”

            “I’m dizzy.”

            “You’re drunk.”

            “I’m horny.”