Chapter Thirty: Erotophobia - Fear of Sexual Love

This is boyxboy.  So that means homosexual. This chapter isn't completely clean.

***

Chapter Thirty: Erotophobia - Fear of Sexual Love

Adrian’s POV

"Why are you staring at me like that?" I asked, glancing up from my plate, still chewing.  It was noon - which is practically morning to me - and despite Adam needed his sleep, he wanted to get out of bed with me and eat breakfast at the table.  He arrived yesterday in the late afternoon and passed out soon as he hit the bed.  I felt so awkward with him in my bed that I slept out on the couch.  He looked kind of mad when he found me not in the bed and woke me up two hours ago and refused to go back to bed without me.

            I felt like he was a little kid and I was his parent that was supposed to look after him.  Although I was doing the best I could, he was a little out of it.  He spent most days trying to remember though I think me telling him lies about our supposed relationship wasn't helping.  When he kept pouting while we were watching reruns of Friends, I decided to actually make breakfast and here we were.

            We weren't talking, but then again I was used to the silence after living alone for so long.  But Adam was glaring daggers at me and at first I was a bit amused but then it started getting annoying.

            "Why did you not sleep in the bed last night?" he exclaimed, angered by hell if I know.

            "Because you took up the whole bed," it was a half lie.  It was partially that and also I wasn't used to sleeping with other people.

            "Then you should've woke me up, I would've made room," he told me.

            I hummed in agreement then nodded, "Yeah, but you looked really tired."  That was a complete lie.  I just didn't want to share my bed with him.

            He stared at me for a moment and then looked away, "Next time wake me up and I'll make room, okay?"  I nodded but he wasn't satisfied, "I mean, wake me up."

            "Okay," I chuckled and took a sip of my coffee.

            He sighed, "Adrian, when I woke up, I felt so out of place and I was scared you left me.  I ran out of the room and when I found you laying on the couch, I was relieved."

            "I wouldn't have left you," he grinned, "It's my apartment." He scowled and I laughed.

            "That's not funny."

            I gulped another sip of the coffee before leaning back in my chair.  It was quiet for a long moment, "You just woke up from a coma, I won't leave you.  I'm not that kind of guy."

            "I thought so," he half whispered-mumbled, he coughed and looked at me, "How was our relationship before the accident?"

            I blinked, "Okay."  Lie.

            "Just okay?"

            "Yep." Liar!

            "Were we happy?" he asked me quietly.

            "I guess so."  Liar, liar; pants on fire!

            He nodded and sighed, "Did we get along good?"

            "Well enough," he didn't look satisfied by my answer so I continued, "We were exactly that far in our relationship.  We were more like friends than boyfriends."