Chapter Twenty-Five: Cainotophobia - Fear of Newness

Boyxboy,  Slash,  LGBT,  MalexMale,  BxB, it's gay.  Yeah, so if you don't like, goodbye.  Read on if you do.  Chapter's clean.

Chapter Twenty-Five: Cainotophobia - Fear of Newness

Adrian’s POV

            "I don't get it," Oscar said, in the dumbass way Oscar did always when he didn't get something.  I looked at Simon who was smirking right back at me and Nicky at turn, looks at both of us before he looks at Oz.  We were standing on the front porch of my house.  Nearby were a bunch of kids playing in the sprinklers and a man mowing his overgrown but very green lawn.  I could see waves of heat come off the gravel of the driveway and I could hear the cawing of birds soaring over skies.  It was a very nice summer day and all of us were shirtless, wearing our swim trunks.  We were planning to go to my pool but father failed to tell me he drained it so he could clean it.  It was only halfway full and it could take a couple more hours until it was full.  So, we decided to go onto the front porch and sip the last pack of my Pepsi.  We almost got away with getting my Dad's beer but my mom caught us.  I'm pretty sure if Dad was there, he'd give the "they're almost men now" speech to her and they'd get into another shitty argument where I had to make a sexual joke to cause my Mom to get off Dad's case and onto mine.  Luckily, that didn't happen though.

            "You don't get what, Oz?" Nicky said in his "all knowing" voice, "'Cause I'm not going to tell you about sex again, you should have had the conversation with your parents."

            "You learned sex from Nicky?" Simon wondered out loud, "What were you thinking?"

            "Bet it was super gay," I muttered, which caused Simon and me to laugh.  We got stares from other people before I snorted, which caused another round of laughter to go off.  My face was red by the end and I looked at Nicky who was glaring at me.  Miley had gone off to get another drink and I think she was stuck to talking to my Mom, which I think she was thankful for the female companionship because her own mom died two years ago and she was kind of stuck hanging out with us.  I usually was hanging out with Pike and Ron - who were my more normal friends who didn't get me on trouble nearly as often - on these days, but those two idiots had gone off with their girlfriends for the summer and left me with the last of my welcomed friends.  I made a shitty decision in letting them come but it was entertaining in the way where it was entertaining to watch a monkey punch itself in the face kind of way.

            "Wow, way to be mature, guys," Nicky said in his disapproving way and Oz was snickering, we all looked at him.

            He saw the looks and he gave us the dumb look, "You guys gave me such a vision in my head.  Nicky, it kind of turned me on..." He wiggled his eyebrows.

            "You want to get hit?  I'm not a fag," Nicky said, harshly.

            "Ouch, I feel sorry for gay guys," Simon muttered, "They'd never be able to be around us."

            "I think it's a blessing," I replied, smiling.

            It was quiet for a moment before Oz spoke up, "I don't get it."

            "He thinks it's good somebody can't hang out with us," Simon muttered, I could hear the smile in his tone and while the silence continued, he improvised, "Because your dumb and Nicky's a homophobe, and we're way into gay jokes."

            "Oh," Oz sat up and punched me in the ribs, "Asshole."

            I tried not to laugh, but even though my chest hurt, I fell forward laughing.  Nicky came to his defense, "I'm not a homophobe."